Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dropped the Cruze off this morning with the dreaded starter clacking/grinding again. They replaced the cam actuators and intake (cracked) a few months ago but the problem came right back. We'll see what it is this time. Might be driving home with a camaro depending on the issue. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well they said it was done yesterday. The issue was a loose spark plug in the #3 cyl. I asked them if they were sure and they said yup but when I fired it up to go home it clacked big time. Enough that the last remaining service rep for the day poked his head out of the booth to see what the noise was. So it stayed at Chevy. Called me today to say they can't duplicate it. Told them to talk to the service guy to confirm the horrendous sound and keep at it and that I'm not taking it home until it's fixed.

On a side note I sat in a revved a Camaro SS. Didn't have time for a full test drive but it was nice.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Well they said it was done yesterday. The issue was a loose spark plug in the #3 cyl. I asked them if they were sure and they said yup but when I fired it up to go home it clacked big time. Enough that the last remaining service rep for the day poked his head out of the booth to see what the noise was. So it stayed at Chevy. Called me today to say they can't duplicate it. Told them to talk to the service guy to confirm the horrendous sound and keep at it and that I'm not taking it home until it's fixed.

On a side note I sat in a revved a Camaro SS. Didn't have time for a full test drive but it was nice.
Hi goinovr,

I regret to hear that the dealership was unable to duplicate this noise concern for you. I understand how frustrating it is be to be without your vehicle. Please keep us posted on the repair and let us know if we can be of any additional assistance in the meantime.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care​

·
2,170 Posts
Bummer, at least someone there knows there is an issue. So you didn't get a Camaro rental? Did you get any kind of rental?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chelsea. They were finally able to narrow it down to a bad starter which I replaced myself this past Saturday.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer, at least someone there knows there is an issue. So you didn't get a Camaro rental? Did you get any kind of rental?
They did get me a rental the next day. Ended up with a 2010'ish impala.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Chelsea. They were finally able to narrow it down to a bad starter which I replaced myself this past Saturday.
Hi goinovr,

Thank you for the update! I'm happy to see that the dealership was able to diagnose this for you so you could get it taken care of. Should you have any future questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts