Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the majority of you already know I've been struggling with an issue with my 2011 Cruze LT. Until this morning I thought I had it fixed (replaced battery cable) it's at it again, this time with a new message of battery saver mode activated accompanied by the usual messages of no power steering,stabilitrak,traction control warnings then after a few minutes of driving my abs lights flash up on the panel as well. This is by far the most frustrating issue I've ever had with any vehicle that I've ever owned, I've shelled out a pretty good lump of money trying to get it resolved..with no resolve at all in sight. I've taken it into what one would call a qualified dealerships and both seem to jump around gladly replacing all sorts of things that well....wasn't broken in the first place considering it hasn't fixed the problem yet. My guess is when I left the cable off as long as I did everything just reset and that's what allowed me to get away with it for as long as I have. Developed a new problem as well, I seem to have a misfire going on now. If someone could tell me how to contact GM on here I would really appreciate it, I've been a long time customer of GM and I seriously believe they could help me resolve these issues because clearly all the dealerships in my area are only after my wallet, or so that's how I'm feeling atm.

Previous Post:http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-general-discussion-forum/151777-serious-need-help-guys.html

Here is the current issue I'm experiencing: https://youtu.be/NLVVVs26fo8

This is the headache that's killing me.

Yet another issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2vecwm6U8

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Send a Private Message to our Chevy Customer Care account. It's staffed by GM reps. Be aware however, that they can't do any diagnostics.

·
2,170 Posts
Bummer, hope you're actually able to get this resolved, I feel too much empathy. My cobalt was a source of non-stop issues, and the only way to make them stop was to get rid of it. Please keep us posted.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Who knows? 2012 2LT went crazy with dash light and codes, used the under load voltage drop test. Found the ignition relay that switches on just about everything had dirty contacts. Located in the underhood fuse/relay box.

Sometimes was okay, other times went crazy, responsible for those power on resets, the microcontrollers rely on, if the program counters are not reset, firmware goes nuts.

Found a good Panasonic relay with 75 amp rated contacts to replace that made in China piece of crap, but had to modify the contacts so it would fit. That cured everything, but still can be a poor ground or an electrical connection someplace else.

You do want a short circuit from the source to the load, and a short circuit should drop less than 0.1 volts when under load. Was measuring a couple of volts.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Found a good Panasonic relay with 75 amp rated contacts to replace that made in China piece of crap.
LOL, because Panasonic makes nothing in China. :sarcasm:

Your issue sounds pretty screwed up, OP. I hope you can find someone from GM to get you squared away. Nothing like some nasty electrical demons, to drive you nuts.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Your issue sounds pretty screwed up, OP. I hope you can find someone from GM to get you squared away. Nothing like some nasty electrical demons, to drive you nuts.
My understanding is that repairs are supposed to have warranties or at least legal protection. If you take the car to them to fix something, and it's not fixed, that's their problem. They need to make good. That may not be for free. But at minimum they should credit you the cost of the repair that didn't fix anything.

I'm sure Robby would know more about that.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be taking it back into the shop Wednesday, hopefully they'll get it fixed right this time. On a side note I'm going to upload some video's of some current issues, which for the most part I took in for servicing before factory warranty expired, they claimed issues couldn't be reproduced so no attention was given to them..and here I am at 84,000 and I'm still stuck with the same issues. Anyway, going to edit first post with some youtube videos.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Ret0102,

Glad to hear you were able to set something up with the dealership to look into this more for you. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance in the meantime. I would be happy to look into this more. Looking forward to your updates from today!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

Hi Patsy,

I sent you a private message, if you could please confirm you received it I would appreciate it.

·
10,712 Posts
Hi Patsy,

I sent you a private message, if you could please confirm you received it I would appreciate it.
You included vin, year, model, miles, dealership, and issues all in one? It's here as well but helps to put it all in 1 spot for quick glance. year and model is in the vin but easier for quick glance again if she isn't pulling up a build sheet already.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You included vin, year, model, miles, dealership, and issues all in one? It's here as well but helps to put it all in 1 spot for quick glance. year and model is in the vin but easier for quick glance again if she isn't pulling up a build sheet already.

Believe it or not, I actually don't need help with it anymore, I figured out the problem myself, Runs like a dream!!!!!

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I checked and can confirm we've received your private message, Ret0102. We will respond to it at the earliest.

Thank you for your patience,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My 2011 after the shop visit was running fine, I figured it best just to upgrade anyway. I'm not sure what they did at the shop when they had it because they assured me they did nothing, however it worked for some reason. Anyway 2015 cruze is awesome, my bluetooth seems to not work though, it won't find my phone. I can live with that though.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Seem to run into more people with outrageous repair bills where the problem was never repaired in the first place. List is too long to type, paid a fortune for a bunch of perfectly good parts that weren't even the problem in the first place.

But never want to go back to the shop and file a complaint. Most recently is a friend that paid 950 bucks because the cruise control didn't work and still didn't work, was fooling around with the ECU, when a contact was dirty on his cruise control buttons. But they claimed they check that out, and was his ECU.

Another was 2,000 bucks for a misfire when they caused the problem by reversing the spark plug wires, but sure did a lot of other damage in while trying to repair the problem, did wreck a 450 buck FI TB, said least get this guy to replace the charges for this. No, I am tired of fighting.

Already knew the problem with my Cruze, as obvious to anyone with an IQ greater than two, both Chevy dealers in town told me to trade it in. What, and buy more problems you can't even fix?

Greatest mystery to me, is how do they manage to stay in business?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seem to run into more people with outrageous repair bills where the problem was never repaired in the first place. List is too long to type, paid a fortune for a bunch of perfectly good parts that weren't even the problem in the first place.

But never want to go back to the shop and file a complaint. Most recently is a friend that paid 950 bucks because the cruise control didn't work and still didn't work, was fooling around with the ECU, when a contact was dirty on his cruise control buttons. But they claimed they check that out, and was his ECU.

Another was 2,000 bucks for a misfire when they caused the problem by reversing the spark plug wires, but sure did a lot of other damage in while trying to repair the problem, did wreck a 450 buck FI TB, said least get this guy to replace the charges for this. No, I am tired of fighting.

Already knew the problem with my Cruze, as obvious to anyone with an IQ greater than two, both Chevy dealers in town told me to trade it in. What, and buy more problems you can't even fix?

Greatest mystery to me, is how do they manage to stay in business?

I can agree a 100%. why didn't I file a complaint? wouldn't have done in the least bit good and they would have continued business as normal. I literally paid out enough in repair bills that I could have purchased a pretty descent used car. Even after buying and replacing what I felt was good parts that problem I had still continued until this last shop visit after I explained to them what my intentions were for the vehicle if this last visit didn't fix it.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
How come we are not complaining to our congressman on some of these issues, like firmware availability. Started this BS in 1996 with the advent of OBD II storing code in flashram. Before this could buy a PROM if having software problems, but now have to go to your dealer and pay hundred bucks an hour for a kid to download it that doesn't even know how to switch on a computer.

EPA and manufacturers insisted could affect emissions control so can only be done by an "expert". Okay, but only the ECU contains emissions software. But doing this with everything now. The radio doesn't have a darn thing to do with emissions, but still forced to go to your crooked dealer if you need a refresh.

With any other entertainment device can do this at home and for free, just another way where we are getting screwed.

Looking around for other new vehicles, just learned with the Kia's, you can't even program your own remote, need a so-called GDS that plugs into its diagnostic socket that is only available to dealers. Ha, for a smart remote not only want 165 bucks, but have to pay extra to have your dealer program it.

Will screw you Kia.

Its no accident that my other three vehicles are pre-OBD II stuff, not a thing on these things I can repair by myself. I just don't like getting into bed with my dealer. But I guess this is okay now since Obama approved of gay marriages.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.