Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear when I got my car it had the grid lines that would show where the car was backing up to. Now it's just a screen shot, no lines.

I've reset the Mylink system to default and I think there was even a setting to turn on the grid, but no grid.

Anybody have this same issue?

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Depends on what year you have. Most don't have them unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I think the grid lines started in 2015. I've not seen anyone retrofit them to prior models.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I seem to recall that the 2013 navi system had them when I was car shopping, but that they went bye=bye in 2014.

·
Registered
6 Posts
'15 here with Navigation and it has the backup lines. I Have the option of turning it on and off in the settings menu on the dash. I goto into settings on the mylink and can turn it on or off. It is set to on as default.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I was thinking of painting them on my camera
Brings back memories of a client I had many years ago. He wanted a data entry field subdivided into three fields, so he put dots of whiteout on the screen rather than pay me to modify the program. A task in RPG that would have taken me no more than a half hour.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2014, but I drove a couple of 15's prior to buying mine. That is probably where my memory got screwed up. Thanks for the replies!

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
My 2014 with nav etc doesn't have it..I swore it did when I test drove it...but I did drive a Malibu and had other rentals that had it so it was a trick of memory. Shame because those lines make a Tahoe or a crew cab 4X4 very easy to park in tight parking garages... Seems almost stupid anyone would put a backup camera on a vehicle and NOT have them. But then I'm not a professional bean counter.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Seems almost stupid anyone would put a backup camera on a vehicle and NOT have them. But then I'm not a professional bean counter.
I suspect it's the cost of licensing the patent. The cost of doing it is negligible.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Like I said....bean counters. No idea what the cost of that is per unit. But there aren't many others if any that don't have it. That I've heard of yet anyway. Makes you wonder about that argument. Like does the Ford Fiesta have it? Or the Festiva as two random examples pulled out of the air. Both smaller cheaper cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts