Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Banned
631 Posts
Nope. Quite a few of us are in that boat. I think the 2015s have it...certain early ones have it. I for one never noticed it missing before i bought it despite test driving three different ones at three different dealers. Not that it was enough to change my mind. I've had it on other GM vehicles I drove and I really liked having it. Made parking a Yukon or Silverado crew cab almost easy in very tight downtown parking garage.

· Registered
156 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why are the guidance lines important to you guys? I don't care either way as I very rarely use my camera, typically just to make sure I don't back into the garage wall when parking it.

· Registered
133 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why are the guidance lines important to you guys?
Just makes it that much easier backing up if you can have an idea of where the edges of your car are. Most cameras also have the lines that move with the steering wheel so you can gauge how far to turn your wheel. Nice feature and makes it a lot easier backing into a spot with larger cars.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why are the guidance lines important to you guys? I don't care either way as I very rarely use my camera, typically just to make sure I don't back into the garage wall when parking it.
Because the camera is such a wide angle, guide-lines would be helpful to see where the car's actually pointed.

And if there was a software update, I'd show up at the dealer's gate before they opened. I'd bring a deck of cards, because it sounds like it might be a party.

· Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Just makes it that much easier backing up if you can have an idea of where the edges of your car are. Most cameras also have the lines that move with the steering wheel so you can gauge how far to turn your wheel. Nice feature and makes it a lot easier backing into a spot with larger cars.
The Sonic has the Grid but the lines don't move?

· Registered
133 Posts
Not sure about the Sonic or Cruze, but both our families previous cars with backup cameras (Jeep and Audi) has the rotating grid. Thought that was standard by now. Should be if its not.

· Premium Member
7,542 Posts
Or just use your mirrors :)
Actually, since there are no grid lines, I do use my right side mirror to back into my apartment stall at home. But I do use the camera to make sure there's nothing in my way. I'm not conformable with the view that I get with just mirrors or turning my head. Not after the level of visibility I had with my first two cars. Not that the Cruze is bad, it's just all new-ish cars seem like that to me. Backing up is a act of faith without the camera.

· Banned
631 Posts
Probably reduce the power train warranty to 12 months/12,000 miles by then too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.