Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an odd question for you: Do you have any backup lights that will project a line behind the car?

My Cruze (2013 LTZ) comes with a backup camera - but no guidelines. I'm noticing the stock lights project faint lines behind the car. I'd like to kick that up and have a stronger line. I've even thought about mounting a laser line device. But I wanted to see if you had anything like that.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's an on screen thing and only in the 2015's.
Yes, I know I don't have computer generated lines - but if lines where projected on the ground behind the car, the the camera would see them. Not prefect, but better than we have now. I was wondering if this was something Diode Dynamics would consider.

·
10,713 Posts
Not 110% sure but can't hurt to ask. Only thing I can think of is marking a center line on the bumper to reference from and similar for like tire tracks in the snow as well.

·
Site Sponsor
349 Posts
We offer LED replacements that will increase the output substantially, but they will not produce "laser" grid lines.

Lasers are a highly regulated industry segment, and would cause some serious legality issues

We always appreciate customer product suggestions, but I don't think this is a feasible idea

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can't help with the back-up lines but for my wife I had added to our LTZ the back-up sensors with beeper alarm that enhances backing up in the Cruze. The place that did the install placed the 4 sensors right in the black part of the rear bumper that the LTZ comes with. Can't see them at all. It came with a small black box with digital numbers that was put on top of the steering column that lets you know exactly how far the bumper is from any object that's in the rear. The rear view camera is nice but you can't always depend on it to see everything but the beeper enhances the feeling of nobody/nothing is behind when going into reverse. The pic below shows the little black box showing that I'm 2.3 feet away from hitting the garage. It beeps faster as you get closer to an object and the yellow lights on the side of the digital numbers go to 5 on each side as you close in closer also.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't help with the back-up lines but for my wife I had added to our LTZ the back-up sensors with beeper alarm that enhances backing up in the Cruze.
Can you post a "daytime" shot so I can see what it looks like? Also, what make/model is that? I wouldn't mind adding one to my car, but I'd like it to be "stock".

But "sonar" and guidelines are not mutually exclusive. I might still look at how to mount this on the back to paint a guide line on the ground. Depending on the model, it's the same class as a barcode scanner or a laser pointer. If aimed at the ground, I don't see an issue. I'd stay the he** away from Class IIIb - where reflected light can cause damage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts