Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Cruze, The battery hasn't been changed yet but I'm currently living upstate New York. I gets cold at night and the battery dies in like 4 days I've had problem before where the battery would die in a week. I was wondering if there is a better battery for the winter weather or a Battery maintainer or really any fix would help/

·
Administrator
25,598 Posts
Go with a good AGM battery. Personally I've had good experiences with top of the line Sears Diehard batteries but it's been about 8 years since I had to purchase a battery.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Could be a battery with a low grade internal short......could be a relay staying on in the car.

No set pattern of failure.........have a mechanic check for any excessive draw with car shut off.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
A battery tender plus is something that will get you through. I have three of them and seem to loan them out to neighbors and friends whose batteries go flat.

But if you want to buy what in my opinion is the best battery on the market, it is called Odyssey. Hard to find. Not priced to compete with Walmart and Costco. But it consistently delivers in upstate winters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts