Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
We bought our new Cruze 2.0T last Saturday. It was getting late so we drove it home and parked it in the garage. The next day my wife went to use it and the left rear tire only had 14psi. I aired up the tires and noticed the diesel tires call for 38mpg. I assume the tires are different from our previous 1LT? I had the wife drive it down the hill and back home a few miles. When rechecking the tire pressure I noticed a screw sticking out of the tire on the edge of the tread and sidewall. It only has 47 miles on it and we don't feel safe driving it. I contacted the dealer several times and they have been nothing but rude to us.

The car was not even prepped! The salesman said he was going to bring us a loaner car and take our new Cruze to have it detailed on Monday. It never happened. It's still filthy including the bird droppings that were on it at delivery!

We also have a price issue with the dealer. I negotiated the price with the GM Black Friday pricing. I traded in my 2011 Charger. Then I gave the dealer their own coupon that they had emailed to me for an additional $500 off my trade in. They refused to take it saying it couldn't be combined with other offers which were from GM! It was their dealer coupon with no disclaimers! I should have walked then and there. I asked for the coupon back and they wouldn't even show it to me. They promised to email me a copy which they have not done and obviously don't intend to do.

OK, so we were at a $1600+/- difference that I would have to pay. (It should have been $1100 with their own trade in coupon.) I agreed to pay the $1600. They took me to the finance guy and he had added extra charges added on making the difference almost $2600! I definitely should have walked right then and there, but the wife really wanted this car. They added on a $500 doc fee which I never paid before in my life... not even at this very same dealer when we bought our 2013 1LT in October. I was exhausted from days of car shopping and with my concussion killing me and confusing my thinking I wrote out a check and paid the $2600.

Two days later, on Monday, with a clear head I contacted the dealer about the $1500 they screwed me out of. They will not provide the $500 coupon so I can prove it was valid. I also wanted the $500 doc fee back which is nothing but a rip off. That seemed like a fair compromise, but they refused. I should have stopped payment on the check if I had known the whole story and if I was as dishonest as this Chevy dealer.

At this point the dealer will do absolutely nothing. They won't take our phone calls or emails.

So at this time I have a brand new Cruze Turbo Diesel with only 47 miles on it sitting in my garage with a flat tire that can't be driven.

I bought 2 cars worth $50K+ from this dealer within 2 months and they won't fix the flat or even clean the car that was delivered with bird droppings on it and never touched from the factory except for removing "some" of the plastic. I can't believe that any new car dealer that wants to stay in business would act like this!!!

My wife and I are fed up with this Chevy dealer and this whole situation. I spent Thursday and Friday at the hospital due to cardiac complications due to the stress caused by all of this. Buying a new car should be pleasant and you should be able to enjoy the car. This whole deal has us very upset. My wife just walked past and saw me typing this and all she said was "OH BROTHER!"... at 4 am on my birthday. :(

Did you ever have a week that you wish never happened... or for that matter about a month since our first Cruze was wrecked??

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM GM WILL READ THIS AND CONTACT ME! WE NEED HELP DEALING WITH THIS STEALERSHIP

· Banned
9,198 Posts
Couldn't blame my dealer if I drove over a screw or driving my Cruze into a tree, but would never have accepted a brand new filthy vehicle.

Did get burned up with all the Chevy dealers last summer, wife got a bug to buy a Silverado crew cab. And internet prices were shown at ten-twelve thousand bucks off the sticker price. Then GM card was even showing "additional" discounts, because I am a long time GM card holder.

Latter was false advertising, these "extra" discounts were offered to everybody and included in the discounted price. And that discounted price advertized on the internet was also false advertising. Didn't say anything like "up to" these discounts, or some restrictions may apply. Like you would only get one of the discounts if you had a prime 1928 Reo to trade in.

Not only with my local dealers, but with Madison and Milwaukee dealers as well. Just said no trade-ins, just give me your best cash price. And was not 10-12 thousand off, was only, $1,500 off the sticker price. So just replied, screw you, but they did manage to get me in the door.

Not only GM, but Chrysler and Ford was doing the same thing. Ha, would have gone to the FTC with this, but we don't have an FTC anymore. A major part of this less government thing that seems to apply only to Wall Street.

But nobody was twisting my arm or holding a gun to my head to sign that contract, just walked out.

How come you signed that contract?

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
He obviously did not get to kick that tire before signing that contract . So your wife thought she had $$50,000.00 to throw at GM last year ? Must be nice .

· Resident Forum Drunkard
8,257 Posts
You are obviously 2crazy to have to withstand all of that horrendous treatment to not just have walked away from that bad of a deal for a car . Even a cruzen is not worth that amount of inconsistant second talk to purchase . Besides are they not over priced to begin with , the Diesel that is .

· Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
You are definitely correct Bad Dealer! I would call GM Customer service and complain After buying my 2011 I called and complained so much(about floor mats that did not fit correctly) they gave me $100 voucher for service which for me came in very handy. Shortly afterward I hit something that bent my front wheel an ripped a hole in my tire that I had to have both replaced. So that covered that. I would look up the number on the internet and personally call. If you send an email or rely on someone else to do the "leg work" like on a forum I hate to say, it probably will not happen. They will tell you enough to keep you quiet. Call 800-222-1020 or search the web for the number and let us know what you find.

I personally would not have signed the purchase until all the incentives were included. I wish I could type better(both hands) but you get the point.

10,589 Posts
is this manny posting under another username?
Negatron. He had a LT for like 400 some odd miles and shortly after we convinced him to put 93 in the tank he got rear ended and totaled out. Fast foreword this was the replacement Cruze.

[SIZE=]
I HOPE SOMEONE FROM GM WILL READ THIS AND CONTACT ME! WE NEED HELP DEALING WITH THIS STEALERSHIP[/SIZE]
Chevy Customer Care(2 or more personnel under same account) should be here today or at least tomorrow to help you out. They pretty much used your wife against you to make that deal go through. She reversed roles and should have been the hesitant one to make the deal as they are good at this stuff. When women feel something wrong they question everything and everyone beyond a reasonable doubt. Financial guy isn't just sign papers and be on your way, he is another salesman after the 1st one you interacted with. In my case finance guy pulled from here and there to add more discounts on top of what I already had walking in but I ended up with extended warranty (to eat some of those discounts)

Cold or not they should have washed the car for you. Bird crap is not good for the paint. The wash racks is most likely inside a heated building. I hope you got OnStar stuff situated switching vehicles if you purchased minutes from them. Also remember a survey should be headed your way from dealership.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Don't you get roadside assist for a flat tyre? Wouldn't be a problem if the car had a spare.

10,589 Posts
Don't you get roadside assist for a flat tyre? Wouldn't be a problem if the car had a spare.
Yes and no. Roadside would get you to a place that repairs the tire(the stubborn dealership most likely) sense there is no spare to get you on your way. They may simply want to keep possession of their brand new car till they get the dealership to promise to fix the situation.

10,589 Posts
Couldn't blame my dealer if I drove over a screw or driving my Cruze into a tree, but would never have accepted a brand new filthy vehicle.

Did get burned up with all the Chevy dealers last summer, wife got a bug to buy a Silverado crew cab. And internet prices were shown at ten-twelve thousand bucks off the sticker price. Then GM card was even showing "additional" discounts, because I am a long time GM card holder.

Latter was false advertising, these "extra" discounts were offered to everybody and included in the discounted price. And that discounted price advertized on the internet was also false advertising. Didn't say anything like "up to" these discounts, or some restrictions may apply. Like you would only get one of the discounts if you had a prime 1928 Reo to trade in.

Not only with my local dealers, but with Madison and Milwaukee dealers as well. Just said no trade-ins, just give me your best cash price. And was not 10-12 thousand off, was only, $1,500 off the sticker price. So just replied, screw you, but they did manage to get me in the door.

Not only GM, but Chrysler and Ford was doing the same thing. Ha, would have gone to the FTC with this, but we don't have an FTC anymore. A major part of this less government thing that seems to apply only to Wall Street.

But nobody was twisting my arm or holding a gun to my head to sign that contract, just walked out.

How come you signed that contract?
The truck you went in for at that price was "already sold" like those 20 flat screens you sat outside in the cold thanksgiving night waiting to buy and you had to have been the 12 person in the store when it opened.

I had similar happen with a 13 Impala 2LT and the "In case I can't afford this car" Cruze LS 6MT. They were to get you in the store and test how bad you wanted that vehicle you grew a strong connection to online. I was not about to pay **** near $33k for a car whe the 2014 were on the lot in nice healthy numbers. The Sonics were even more than the Cruze ECO and LS at this point .

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I would also contact your AG's office and file a detailed complaint. I have discovered that a well written complaint to the AG will frequently get companies to refund money and clean up their act. As for the tire, a screw in the sidewall is impossible to fix and it will need to be replaced.

· Premium Member
3,857 Posts
At this point the dealer will do absolutely nothing. They won't take our phone calls or emails.

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM GM WILL READ THIS AND CONTACT ME! WE NEED HELP DEALING WITH THIS STEALERSHIP
I wish you luck. I had a similar episode with a Ford dealership about a vehicle I bought for my wife. The dealership General Manager told me to my face that he'd make things right when the courts ordered him to. FoMoCo refused to get involved and my attorney told me I had a viable case, but I would need to invest about $3,000 dollars and a few years to litigate it. I took a loss and traded it in on another car, to save us the aggrevation. I also vowed to never again own anything with the blue oval on it. That was over 25 years ago.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
My first purchase of the 2013 1LT from this dealer was a simple easy transaction and a good deal. My only complaint was the 2013 was not cleaned very well. That 1LT was wrecked with 395 miles on it when struck from behind. We liked the Cruze enough to buy another and while we were at it we upgraded to the diesel. The dealer should have given us every break they could instead of wrongly denying everything they did and they continue to do so. If they came and got the car (like they promised to do) to detail it and replaced the tire we wouldn't feel so bad. The finance guy (who added on even more charges) was rude and has been since the sale. The sales manager really screwed up big time not allowing the additional discounts... or more correctly(?) screwed us! My wife does not handle the finances. My mistake was making a major decision without thinking clearly due to being exhausted and confused due to my concussion at the time of purchase. If I had been thinking straight I would have walked out of this stealership at any of three different points during this rip off transaction.

The final results of all of this is a very unpleasant experience that has cost me at least $1500 more than it should have and I have a filthy new Cruze Turbo Diesel sitting in my garage with a flat tire and only 47 miles on it... which are from the test drive and driving it home. All of this has ruined our holiday spirit and my wife's excitement of her first new car ever!

I hope GM can help to do something to make this situation easier to live with. It's a bitter pill to swallow.

· Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Mc2crazy,

I am really sorry to read about your negative dealership experience. I will see if there is anything that I can do for either of these situations. You can send me your information by PM. I will need your full name, VIN, dealership information and your best contact number. I will make some calls on Monday morning.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I wouldn't have walked, but ran like the wind.
Just think of all of the mentally challenged people that stealers like this take advantage of... :cussing:

Normally I handle money very well. I've been living on a fixed disability income for over 25 years.
I used to be a civil engineer with the DOT designing roads. Many federal standards used all over the US are my ideas for safer roads. If these standards are not met then the contract will not be funded by federal money. I was one of the top supervisors at the time of my back injury. In the last fiscal year I worked I awarded over $89M in contracts to build or rebuild roads in only four western NY counties. I also was responsible our operating budget for our 200+/- employees in the highway design unit. I did everything I could (and then some) to keep everyone happy and productive. That $89M year is a standing record. In other words, I'm not a dummy and have a lot of experience handling money.

I was maybe 25% functional at the time of purchase, so my bad decision to even shop while in that condition didn't ring a bell. I never dealt with a concussion before with the black outs, confusion and more... the worst part is you don't even realize it. In this situation, it wasn't until I got some rest and my head cleared that I realized how badly I was ripped off.

I mean like... one very obvious thing... who would take home a brand new CTD that's not prepped, filthy and covered in bird droppings... with only a verbal promise that they would come and pick up the car, provide a loaner and put their best detailer to work on it?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.