Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I think it spells out the exclusions in the warranty guide. That was how I found my wheel bearings are not covered by the "powertrain warranty". But $750 for an EGR? that sounds way too high.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Talked to sevice manager this morning. Said they had a GM rep on line with mechanic. Sad they ran every test and some of the ones you mentioned oilburner and they still sad its the EGR . Sad Gm did not recommend cleaning. So I guess we get it replaced. Just hope the new one goes further than 60000 miles.:(
Did you get any break on the price?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I am at 87K miles now and have never had an EGR issue. Can someone post a pic of this valve and where it is on the engine?

Reactions: KpaxFAQ

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
When my EGT sensor went out at 61K miles, they put that on powertrain warranty. That must be a "select component"

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
When my EGT sensor went out at 61K miles, they put that on powertrain warranty. That must be a "select component"
Sorry, I meant to say emissions.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Kit 55593617 is the EGR valve, sooo... what is part # 12647009? Is that a gasket otherwise why does it need to be replaced everytime?
The part description is "plate" but these descriptions can be misleading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.