Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
his post says dealership
Ah yes.....re-read it twice before it stuck....(aka dealer)

Good eye on your part or the inverse on mine.

OP....

Sucks but, the EGR could have failed while under the dealers care.....makes them the unlucky ones.

The forum doesn't have enouph diesel drivers, let alone those with higher mileage, to give much information regarding this failure.....I think yours is the first reported.

Hopefully you will have better info when you get back in town.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
In reading the covered parts list for emission controls, I see no additional coverage beyond the 3/36 for the EGR....gas or diesel (gas doesn't have one....just mentioned it)

Bummer.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
What agitates me somewhat, reading this, is my BS meter keeps getting a signal.

First, the OP is being told by the dealer that GM won't let them clean the valve.
Since it has been determined that the part and labor are out of warranty, GM has no input that must be followed by the dealer.
If the dealer wanted to clean it, they could have.....since GM wasn't paying anything they could have thrown it out in a field if they wanted to.

Since the OP had to pay for the part, a non-serviceable part with no core value, it is the OP's property and should have been returned.....or at least the OP should have been given the option if the old part was to be returned.

Chevrolet TAC may have suggested valve replacement, may have said it is not serviceable, but was never in a position to say 'It cannot be cleaned'

I find that response rather annoying.......'Can't' is a term that really means 'Won't'

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Hey Robby,

We completely understand your frustration with this situation. We’d like to look further into your concern and contact your dealership on your behalf to discuss this matter further. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if further assistance is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks for your concern Kristen but the OP, Gator, is who is having the issue.

My Cruze is just fine, thanks.

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.