Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
REPLACE PART 12647009 EVERY TIME KIT 55593617 IS REPLACED, 12647009 is no longer made.......
Kit 55593617 is the EGR valve, sooo... what is part # 12647009? Is that a gasket otherwise why does it need to be replaced everytime?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Kit 55593617 is the EGR valve, sooo... what is part # 12647009? Is that a gasket otherwise why does it need to be replaced everytime?
The part description is "plate" but these descriptions can be misleading.

·
Site Sponsor
103 Posts
The part description is "plate" but these descriptions can be misleading.
I ordered one from Chevy should hopefully be here this week. I will post a photo as soon as it arrives.

Reactions: diesel

·
Site Sponsor
103 Posts
The plate finally arrived and it is a metal piece with a rubber coating on top of it. Feels like the rubber part would get compressed over time.
Product Finger Hand Wood Gun

Reactions: diesel

·
Banned
260 Posts
The plate finally arrived and it is a metal piece with a rubber coating on top of it. Feels like the rubber part would get compressed over time.
View attachment 227410
That seems a little strange, a solid plate like that? I thought GM generally uses stamped tin for the EGR gaskets and exhaust manifold gasket. Is there coolant in that side passage? The work shop manual states to drain the cooling system when removing the EGR valve?? It also looks like there are fours screws holding the plate to the head, can the EGR be removed by itself without removing the plate??

·
Registered
17 Posts
bad egr valve and location

Can anyone tell me location of the EGR valve?
I want to clean it myself by removing and getting Moly egr spray cleaner. I read the GM doesn't clean them they only replace them

Has anyone removed theirs to clean?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Can anyone tell me location of the EGR valve?
I want to clean it myself by removing and getting Moly egr spray cleaner. I read the GM doesn't clean them they only replace them

Has anyone removed theirs to clean?

Thanks.
It’s located driver side on the firewall side on the block. Mine stuck open about a year ago and wouldn’t start. I also replaced the MAF sensor a couple months ago it was full of soot as well. EGR has an electrical connection to it, unplug and has I think three bolts in it.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.