Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what we've been working on. We've been developing a stainless steel header and downpipe combo for the 1.8 Sonic and 1.8 Cruze. Our Sonic version is ready and has been tested, and we've got a prototype Cruze version that will be getting tested this week. The Sonic made 112HP before a Trifecta Tune, 120HP after Trifecta Tune, 150HP with the BNR Header. Here's a vid we shot of the Sonic with it installed.

Bad News Racing Sonic 1.8 Header Sound Test - YouTube

Will update you guys when our Cruze tester picks his up from us this week!

Attachments

Reactions: NBrehm and Calintz

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around $600 shipped. Remember it comes with a catless dp too so its 2 pieces

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're working on 2 versions btw, a 4-1 and a 4-2-1. Pictured is the sonic 4-1, but first test for Cruze will be a 4-2-1

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Any 1.4L headers being worked on? I know that these 1.4's could use an aftermarket header kit for better flow.

Reactions: Poje

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I'm glad to see BNR devolping stuff for our cars. And congratulations 1.8l guys you now have full exhaust with really nice performance gains.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm in! Can't wait until its available to buy. This with a Doug thorley and vibrant resonator, injen intake and the trifecta tune should satisfy quite well :goodjob:

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Unsure about this one guys . Maybe just a little too ricey for the cruzen .

Your money your choices..

I have a mortgage!

Maybe it it is me and growing up around V 8 " s and that throaty powerful blast of power that is so distinctive with the V8

Cool Ideas though , liked the little sonic on steroids .

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Were still trying to catch up to the pacific rim ! Found the rims I have to save up for ,and beg a little with the better half here .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love the idea! I had 4-2-1 set up on my 02 lancer with tune,cat delete, 3' downtpipe and 3' evo exhaust all the way through. started off with 120hp ended up with around 160-170. I hated the sound of that sonic though. very tin cannish...could that be the exhaust or is that really the sound of an unrestricted 1.8 ecotech? I think the dual magnaflows or borlas would be a better fit for the header set up. throw on a injen CAI and Trifecta tune (chevy dealers can also achieve the same tune w/o voiding warranty) and youre good to go.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Any 1.4L headers being worked on? I know that these 1.4's could use an aftermarket header kit for better flow.
:question:

looks like great numbers out of the 1.8

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
I love the idea! I had 4-2-1 set up on my 02 lancer with tune,cat delete, 3' downtpipe and 3' evo exhaust all the way through. started off with 120hp ended up with around 160-170. I hated the sound of that sonic though. very tin cannish...could that be the exhaust or is that really the sound of an unrestricted 1.8 ecotech? I think the dual magnaflows or borlas would be a better fit for the header set up. throw on a injen CAI and Trifecta tune (chevy dealers can also achieve the same tune w/o voiding warranty) and youre good to go.
Not positive on what this meant, but if it's what I think you meant, you have no idea what you're talking about.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have turbo cars so no header. We have a turbo manifold, and in our case the manifold and the turbo are all welded together so if you wanted a different manifold you'd have to buy a new turbo too. For better flow what you want is a bigger/better downpipe and midpipe with the cats eliminated and a tune.

Nice gains on the 1.8 guys! happy for you!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
We have turbo cars so no header. We have a turbo manifold, and in our case the manifold and the turbo are all welded together so if you wanted a different manifold you'd have to buy a new turbo too. For better flow what you want is a bigger/better downpipe and midpipe with the cats eliminated and a tune.

Nice gains on the 1.8 guys! happy for you!
Ahh, makes sense. I had my DP and MP cats gutted so same thing as the ZZP pieces.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts