Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car has a bad tcm according to my local dealer. They claim my aftermarket headlights(relay for hids) are tied off the power steering causing voltage to spike in the system frying the tcm. This is just over the phone I'm hopefully going to the dealer first thing in the morning. The relays are tied directly off the battery and triggered by the low beam headlights wire. $1400 to replace if not covered by warranty which they say it will not be covered due to aftermarket items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
TCM - transmission?

If the relays don't have a snubber diode across the coil, it could zap the BCM (where the low beam signal comes from).

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Did the HID maker ,or supplier, provide installation instructions for the Cruze?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the transmission control module. If that was possible I could see the BCM getting shorted out. The TCM is a separate module inside the transmission.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What issues were you having to take it to a dealer?

·
Super Moderator
7,784 Posts
What does the HID manufacturer say? Do they warrant that their stuff won't damage your car?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car makes a clunk sound right after the car started. Then a ton a lights come on. Service power steering stabilitrak traction control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello i came across your issue after trying to research about the problem in my cruze and i am now having the same problems you described in your post, same clunk when i start the car and when attempting to shift on D,also my car wont accelerate forward just reverse and will pick up throttle with no problem,wanted to know what ended up being the issue in your case, my dealeship locally wont take my car in due to my cruze having a rebuilt title and i wanted to know if it is a tcm or ecm issue or maybe a bad ground on the frame somewhere
Well my car has a bad tcm according to my local dealer. They claim my aftermarket headlights(relay for hids) are tied off the power steering causing voltage to spike in the system frying the tcm. This is just over the phone I'm hopefully going to the dealer first thing in the morning. The relays are tied directly off the battery and triggered by the low beam headlights wire. $1400 to replace if not covered by warranty which they say it will not be covered due to aftermarket items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts