Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Team,
I own a 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo and I’m having issues. The check engine light codes read:

P2227 - Barometric Pressure Sensor “A” Circuit Range/Performance (Fix: Replaced Turbo charger)

P0299 - Turbocharger/Supercharger “A” under-boost Condition (Fix: Replaced Turbo Charger)

P0420 - Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 (Fix: Replaced Catalytic Convert [B1])

P9228 - O’Reilly couldn’t find what those code was unfortunately.

I’m having the symptoms of an exhaust manifold crack; lack of power, exhaust smell in cabin when running defroster, strange noise from engine compartment.

At first I thought the noise was from the broken AC compressor pulley, so I replaced that (didn’t put refrigerant back into the system yet). And the person I bought it from said the engine light was from bad map sensors, so I replaced them from a 2011 Chevy Cruze 1.4 non-turbo (just LT, not RS edition).

Could the Turbo and catalytic converter codes be popping up due to the result of solely a crack in the manifold OR are they popping up because they actually need replaced? Has anyone ever had that P9228 code pop up?
Check that the oil seals haven't failed on the oil cooler. This happened on mine (same year and model) and is very common. The oil then drips down the block onto the catalytic converter and causes a burning oil smell in the cab. My cat converter was clean and oil free (as it was all burning off) but the block and sump were completely soaked from a mystery oil leak along that front of car side.

This wont solve your check engine light problems, but is a cheap enough fix and makes it more pleasant to drive instantly. Plus worth doing if you have to start removing other equipment around the front side of the bay anyway. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts