Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
also the 1.4’ have turbo issues from what i researched they have a lifespan of 60~70k miles before something with the turbo fails (weather its electrical or mechanical). my 13 1.4t stick has underboost codes and i’ve replaced everything but the the turbo in mine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
also when you replace the turbo i forgot what it’s called that does what i’m about to tell you automatically. before you shut your car off let it idle in park (or n if you have a stick) for about a min to let the hot oil circulate out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Turbo timer is what it’s called. Not really needed in modern day cars unless you’re revving it to the sky then immediately turning it off. 😀
thank you for that i couldn’t remember what it was called, but imo i think there still needed because the eco’s and a lot of newer turbo cars are having similar issues. regardless i would put a turbo timer in or just let the car idle for a min as good preventative measure. me personally i just don’t trust any manufacturer when they say this won’t happen. perfect example is the auto shut off cars have when your at a light. i don’t care what they say using a starter (or any mechanical part not designed for constant abuse) like they do is going to wear them down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts