Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cruze 1LT with Tech and Convenience Pkgs.
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so I'm wanting some opinions about a few things.

My Cruze is Blue Ray Metallic. I will be getting tint at 20% all around plus a strip on the windshield. I'm also going to get the red taillight overlays for now since I can't afford the Technostalgic taillights anytime soon. I will also have some vinyl decals on the rear small windows and possibly on the rear window itself...these will be white vinyl.

I have a couple ideas, but I'm more than open to other opinions as well.

My first thought is about getting the Klearz side markers with clear lenses and white housings. The contrast of the white on the blue would be nice. If I do that, I'm thinking about overlays that are Dynamic White Carbon Fiber. I think a white overlay would be too plain, but the CF look to it might look good.

My other thought is to get the Klearz in light smoke lenses and either black or silver housings...if I go dark, I would want a darker CF look for the badge overlays...either Dynamic Silver CF if I use silver housings or Dynamic Black CF if I use the black housings.

What are peoples opinions? Should I go lighter or darker? Do you have any other ideas of what to do? Would dark overlays and white Klearz look OK? What about vice versa?

The other thing I'm thinking about...Mixxed Auto Designs eyelids...I like the looks. Would they work if I did the white CF overlays? Or probably not? I'm not set on using eyelids, but I do like the look.

My last question...for those of you who have dealt with GrafxWerks for overlays. Did you use the LiquiDome option for the rear badge overlay? I'm wondering if I should or not. The $8 isn't a big deal, but I'm just curious how good it would look? Although I might have read that the LiquiDome doesn't work with vinyl colors I'm looking at. I will have to look into that.

Thanks for your input everyone!
Mike

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I've seen the white/clear on darker colors, but not smoke.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Debadging the rear due to seeing yours as well, ha.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is what the klearz marker lights look like on my silver cruze. I got the clear with black backing and it blends in really nicely

I'll get a better pic a little later.

I also want to note that the guy that runs it has excellent customer service. I reported an issue to him and he responded by the next day and had the new ones on my door step ASAP. They fit perfectly and am very happy with them!

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is what the clear with black housing look like on my cruze.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Here's my Blue Ray Eco with Depo smoked side markers from eBay. Available with led but I choose the traditional amber 194 bulb. I like clear a lot but decided to go with smoked to blend them in better.

Great fitment. Very dark smoke in the shade, but under direct sunlight they're much lighter. Amber bulb light shines through nicely.

Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Depends on what appearance you want to achieve.

Normally I'd say smoked all day long, but...

I have 8000K HIDs and switchback signals, so my front lights are a nice pure solid white. I went with clear markers with LEDs to maintain the all-clear/white look and think it looks amazing.

I do have my tails tinted, so smoked markers may make sense in that regard, but since it's up front I think it makes more sense to be clear.

Pics:
http://cruze.daveeverett.net/_images/pics/IMAG0370.jpg
http://cruze.daveeverett.net/_images/pics/IMAG0371.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.