Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The area under riot is where I grew up....kinda scary as a young white boy. I hope things don't get violent tonight. It's sad to see them destroying their own community.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
:( please be safe!

I just don't understand what makes people want to destroy their own community.

Is it just me or does it seem like "bad" police stories are on the news every day now?

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
More of an opportunity to loot some stores than protest against a wrongful death.

Was down south during the race riots, saw a TV crew stage a fight for their news broadcast, because not much else was going on.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I enjoyed seeing the people floating tvs on the water. I understood looting in Katrina but only for the food that would have went bad anyway

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
Moved to R&P.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
"Hey, a guy died in their custody"
"Dude, you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yeah, this is a terrible injustice..."
"Nah dude... Free TV and a chance to destroy ****!"

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
One thing about today as opposed to yesterday, people are a lot more violent and really can't blame them. Back then was no such thing as welfare, and schools taught kids to be respectful, and could always find a job.

With my older kids, never had to spend hours teaching them, tossing a lot more money at our schools and they aren't doing anything. This really changed in the 80's. Then with a corporate controlled congress, exporting all of our jobs so they can make more profit.

Both democrat and republicans are liars and having to raise two billion dollars for an election just to run?

Look no further than Washington DC for these kinds of problems.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Since this was moved to R&P

So I'm not talking about this specific guy, but some of these other cases, like the guy who stole the horse and then got beat up by police and got a settlement of $650,000 -- wtf. So basically break the law and be a general POS individual, claim police injustice and you can win the lottery.

Locally here in Iowa, there was a kid (19) who stole his dad's landscaping truck/trailer and led police on a lengthy high speed chase around town. The whole thing was on police dash cam. He was running red lights and at one point I believe the trailer detached in the middle of an intersection, hitting a car.

Then he went through ISU campus and almost hit some students, he started driving in the grass and was ramming the police cars, so an officer fired like 6 shots at the truck, killed the kid.

I'm sure now that all the police stories are in the news, this would have went national, but I think it happened before the Missouri thing. Anyways.

So the parents got $250,000 from the city for the wrongful death of their son.

Wrongful death?
And if he would have killed some ISU students, or another driver.... they would just be mere casualties of this guy's behavior then?

Ok.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
They need to level the entire place and pave it over. Turn it ALL into a parking lot for the Inner Harbor.

They need to do away with Welfare, food stamps and housing vouchers...if all these degenerates had to work for a living to pay the bills they would have no time for this nonsense, and would have vastly more respect for the property of others.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They need to level the entire place and pave it over. Turn it ALL into a parking lot for the Inner Harbor.

They need to do away with Welfare, food stamps and housing vouchers...if all these degenerates had to work for a living to pay the bills they would have no time for this nonsense, and would have vastly more respect for the property of others.
I am a Baltimore native and I hear what your saying but its way more complicated than that. Baltimore has more to offer than just the inner harbor area. I would suggest going to Fed Hill or Canton to get a taste of the charm that is still there....

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was hoping they bring out the big guns. Ray lewis needed to come out give them "some of that ole time religion"

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I am a Baltimore native and I hear what your saying but its way more complicated than that. Baltimore has more to offer than just the inner harbor area. I would suggest going to Fed Hill or Canton to get a taste of the charm that is still there....
I've been to Baltimore....more than a few times. Used to have a lot of customers there in my old job that I was in 20 years before transferring into my current one. Quite honestly....I've never liked DC much (where I used to work from), and I liked Baltimore even less (for what its worth I didn't think much of Richmond , VA either). I don't doubt there a handful of decent places left. Its a rare city that lacks ANYTHING of any merit.

I remember the inner harbor when it was still a mass rubble filled parking lot back in the early 80's Where I got the pleasure of witnessing one guy shoot another from fairly close range with a Colt 45. Yes I recognized the gun that's how close I was.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been to Baltimore....more than a few times. Used to have a lot of customers there in my old job that I was in 20 years before transferring into my current one. Quite honestly....I've never liked DC much (where I used to work from), and I liked Baltimore even less (for what its worth I didn't think much of Richmond , VA either). I don't doubt there a handful of decent places left. Its a rare city that lacks ANYTHING of any merit.

I remember the inner harbor when it was still a mass rubble filled parking lot back in the early 80's Where I got the pleasure of witnessing one guy shoot another from fairly close range with a Colt 45. Yes I recognized the gun that's how close I was.
Hope you testified in court...

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Hope you testified in court...
I sat there 20 minutes before this all started contemplating riding home, I sat there saw the entire fight start...lasted all of about 3 minutes, sat there when the one guy shot the other and ran, I sat there when the ambulance carried the guy off...I sat there 45 minutes later when the Police showed up....I sat there for 15 minutes when they screwed around waiting for them to walk over to me....was the only person around at the time....then they left....never walked the 20 feet to where I was sitting, never asked me anything. I'd have left a lot sooner if I'd have known nobody cared.

For what it's worth....it did make every news station...and NONE of them got it remotely right. ONE station managed to get ONE of the Club names right...the others got them both wrong and they all got everything else connected with it wrong. Because I saw it all from start to finish.

That's when I first learned what you see on the news is not what actually happened many times.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts