Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
This is a rare event.
Bathurst Racetrack covered in snow ..

click image to enlarge
Aussie, Is the track open for business? IC engines and aerodynamic devices like cold dense air.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Hey Aussie is it smowing in Aussieland these days ?

Darn .

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
That is the Good kind of smow . The smow ya get to visit unlike the smow that visits you for 6 months a year .

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
That is the Good kind of smow . The smow ya get to visit unlike the smow that visits you for 6 months a year .
And if anybody knows about snow and endless winter, it's the brave frostbitten people who inhabit Chicagoland. Brrrrr!

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And if anybody knows about snow and endless winter, it's the brave frostbitten people who inhabit Chicagoland. Brrrrr!
Back in my car club days we used to travel to the snow for skiing every year, which is when i learnt to drive in snow. The rest of the year we used to take my speedboat and go water skiing, much warmer.

·
Administrator
25,120 Posts
Boston's last snow pile just finished melting last week.

·
Administrator
25,120 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
snow is a rarity outside the mountain ski resorts(and of course,Ballarat!)in Australia,I think that folks who live in the northern states of the USA and Canada would find it amusing that lots of people in Brisbane drove 200klm at 2 in the morning just to see a light snowfall in the granite belt mountains!:dazed002:

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
snow is a rarity outside the mountain ski resorts(and of course,Ballarat!)in Australia,I think that folks who live in the northern states of the USA and Canada would find it amusing that lots of people in Brisbane drove 200klm at 2 in the morning just to see a light snowfall in the granite belt mountains!:dazed002:
Were you aware that there is more skiable snow in Australia than there is in the Swiss Alps? The place is so big that even a small portion is still a big chunk of Real Estate.

http://www.aussiesnow.com.au

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Hey Aussie they do not call em The Swiss Alps for Nothing .. Elevation denies access .

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Aussie they do not call em The Swiss Alps for Nothing .. Elevation denies access .
I did say "Skiable snow". As our highest mountain is only 7,000 feet high it means that wherever it snows you can ski, and there is thousands of square miles of snow.

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did say "Skiable snow". As our highest mountain is only 7,000 feet high it means that wherever it snows you can ski, and there is thousands of square miles of snow.
yes,but not every winter that is why all the resorts have snowmaking machines

1 - 20 of 24 Posts