Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yes,but not every winter that is why all the resorts have snowmaking machines
The southern states have skiing snow every year, the only variable is when the season starts. That is why they use snow making machines to get the season to start on time and to make sure there is a fresh cover. Queensland on the other hand rarely gets snow and I am not aware if it is skiable but I don't think it is. This year we had snow fall an hour west of Sydney.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I cant speak about the other ski resorts but I can tell you that Mt Buller has not had skiable snow without the help of snow making every season from first hand experience,there has been a few with very little natural snow,when I lived in Melbourne I made a regular delivery run up the alpine way to buller twice a week as part of my job.

Seems that maybe climate change is starting to bite?.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
And if anybody knows about snow and endless winter, it's the brave frostbitten people who inhabit Chicagoland. Brrrrr!
Geeezzzz talk about a low blow!!
Very true though. Maybe I'll post some pics of the brutal winters we get here.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I cant speak about the other ski resorts but I can tell you that Mt Buller has not had skiable snow without the help of snow making every season from first hand experience,there has been a few with very little natural snow,when I lived in Melbourne I made a regular delivery run up the alpine way to buller twice a week as part of my job.

Seems that maybe climate change is starting to bite?.
This is over a reasonably long span of time about skiing in Australia.

Australian Snow Statistics

21 - 24 of 24 Posts