Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
551 Posts
He is backwards. If your car did not come with a standard flooded battery then it cannot use one. It could explode.

However replacing a standard flooded battery with AGM is fine. The only downside is it will not charge fully but this is insanely minor.

Some people got confused by this somewhere along the line to mean AGM on older vehicles is bad. Its not,
I wanted the agm battery because its there top of the line battery but the guy told me it wasnt a good idea hell I dont know. I guess next time ill get the Agm

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I wanted the agm battery because its there top of the line battery but the guy told me it wasnt a good idea hell I dont know. I guess next time ill get the Agm
Should be fine. A modern deep cycle flooded battery is honestly almost as good as an AGM. The AGM is just a bit safer in a crash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Btw i am going to replace the negative batt-cable. They had 2 different thickness in the store. Same as the one on now (35mm2) and a twice as big (70mm2) is there any downside to use the bigger one? Or doesnt matter?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,935 Posts
Btw i am going to replace the negative batt-cable. They had 2 different thickness in the store. Same as the one on now (35mm2) and a twice as big (70mm2) is there any downside to use the bigger one? Or doesnt matter?
Bigger is better.

Reactions: MP81

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,957 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
9,957 Posts
But there is no need to remove the old? Just put more in? More is more?
Remove and clean the connections. Make sure the stock negative battery cable is fully crimped as some from the factory are defective. Adding the cables helps when the others are not in good shape or you add a better stereo or other high load items.

This is a pretty good article on it:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Remove and clean the connections. Make sure the stock negative battery cable is fully crimped as some from the factory are defective. Adding the cables helps when the others are not in good shape or you add a better stereo or other high load items.

This is a pretty good article on it:
I got a new negative cable from shop. The one from battery to chassie. Short one
is that the cable that makes the display to autoplay?
The one to the starter dont have any affect on the display i guess.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I
Hello
I have a 2012 cruze 1.4ltz and sometimes the radio and display turns on in the middle if the night. I still have the original factory AGM, i will replace it but
1. Do i really need a AGM? It has start-stop.
2. why is the radio turning on when the car is locked? Dont wanna change battery and have it ruined by a electrical error?
I had the 2011 LTZ and used what ever group # is written on the battery. It was a sealed napa brand. Lead acid no issues.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts