Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately i have been having some troubles with my electrical for my cruze i think. My car has shown errors to service power steering, to Anti Theft deterrent system. and when i go to turn my car on the lights in my car pulse and it takes an extra second for my car to start. has any have this problem before and if so can i get an explanation as to why it is happening.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
We have been having a rash of battery failures. When the Negative Battery Cable goes bad it puts more stress on the battery to provide the same current, leading to earlier battery failure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o ok thanks alot yeah was wondering why all of a sudden it was acting up, had a hunch my batteries life was ending so thanks for the clarification now i can just simply replace it sooner

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
We have been having a rash of battery failures. When the Negative Battery Cable goes bad it puts more stress on the battery to provide the same current, leading to earlier battery failure.
Whenever I go to place that sells automotive batteries, they have a ton of them, kind of hints a lot of people are having battery problems.

Poor electrical connections never fully charges the battery, when its not fully charged it sulfates. Also the battery is the only filter for the alternator, can't spend a buck extra for a linear circuit, constantly switching on and off as many as 400 times per second, when ti does switch off generates a large electrical spike that can really screw up your electrical system.

Yet another problem is putting the voltage regulator inside the alternator, the old guys new this, charging voltage requirements very considerably with temperature around 13 mv/*C, a hundred degree shift is 1.3 volts, huge difference for a battery. Use to put the voltage regular, temperature compensate right next to the battery, but inside of the alternator, seeing the super heat on the inside, this under charges the batteries.

Engineers know this stuff, ancient history, but bean counters are in charge just to save a couple of wires, also very good for new battery sales.

Point contact relays are the latest new problem, one tiny spec of debris, don't make good contact, we use to use wiping self cleaning contacts. Ignition relay is the key one, some complained about radiator fan problems. What's wrong with a non-working fan? Engine overheats and cracks that aluminum head. Another newer created problem that wasn't a problem before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts