Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So uh not sure how this happened.

I didnt notice until my amp just stopped working yesterday, But it looks like this had been building up for quit a long time.


could my fuse had melted so bad that it stayed connected until everything around it melted too?



Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget
Water Auto part Automotive lighting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
381 Posts
What size of fuse did you have? It looks like you have to high of fuse AMP for the power cable you were running. So if you have a short after the fuse this could easily happen because the weak spot is not the fuse but the cable itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Disconnect that bud that's a fire hazard if I have ever seen one . Buy a new battery aswell it will only end up leaking even more and start to corrode your car , and it will stop holding charge sooner or later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, ya I disconnected everything on the amp.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this morning.(**** my car coulda caught fire!)


The Wire I had was fairly old and it came in a combo with the amp so it was supposed to be the right gauge, I had the fuse replaced a year or so ago.... its possible the guy gave me one and was rated too high, i coulda swore it was the same but i cant remember.


I'm wondering now if the corrosion from the battery some how surrounded the connection to the wire and made it overheat or short out.

I hadn't popped my battery cover in probably over a year.


Disconnect that bud that's a fire hazard if I have ever seen one . Buy a new battery aswell it will only end up leaking even more and start to corrode your car , and it will stop holding charge sooner or later
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top