Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So uh not sure how this happened.

I didnt notice until my amp just stopped working yesterday, But it looks like this had been building up for quit a long time.

could my fuse had melted so bad that it stayed connected until everything around it melted too?

Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget
Water Auto part Automotive lighting

·
Registered
381 Posts
What size of fuse did you have? It looks like you have to high of fuse AMP for the power cable you were running. So if you have a short after the fuse this could easily happen because the weak spot is not the fuse but the cable itself.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Disconnect that bud that's a fire hazard if I have ever seen one . Buy a new battery aswell it will only end up leaking even more and start to corrode your car , and it will stop holding charge sooner or later

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, ya I disconnected everything on the amp.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this morning.(**** my car coulda caught fire!)

The Wire I had was fairly old and it came in a combo with the amp so it was supposed to be the right gauge, I had the fuse replaced a year or so ago.... its possible the guy gave me one and was rated too high, i coulda swore it was the same but i cant remember.

I'm wondering now if the corrosion from the battery some how surrounded the connection to the wire and made it overheat or short out.

I hadn't popped my battery cover in probably over a year.

Disconnect that bud that's a fire hazard if I have ever seen one . Buy a new battery aswell it will only end up leaking even more and start to corrode your car , and it will stop holding charge sooner or later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts