Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just made a post about the Battery a week ago, the Battery Is warrantied for 30 months, If it goes bad, take it out and bring it into the Chevy/gmc parts counter. no receipt needed, the date code is on the battery itself, just had mine swapped out after 26 months..It will go out again in 26 months as they are crap batteries, then I will get another one for free again....This was my second one replaced for free, last week when I called my service guy he was like NO NO, once your B2B 3/36k runs out so does your battery warranty! BS! I just took it out and brought it straight to a a/c delco parts counter at a GMC dealership.....

So Actually the original warranty of 3 years/ 36K is the best warranty for your 30 Month Battery, unless you drove 37K lets say and your Battery went bad in under 30 months like they normally do, in that case you need to Take the battery out yourself and bring it into the parts counter, no receipt needed, And you get a new 30 month warranty everytime...

My LTZ is power hungry with these heated seats, nav, and the other electrical stuff going on, it likes to eat these Delco 47PS (you know what the PS stands for (Piece Shi*) batterys up ever 2 years, it actually really great, I will never have to buy a battery as long as I own this car!

Also I Noticed that my second 47PS battery was 600CCA and now the third one I'm on is back down to 525CCA...Great news for me! better chance its going to go out again quickly!

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I Just made a post about the Battery a week ago, the Battery Is warrantied for 30 months, If it goes bad, take it out and bring it into the Chevy/gmc parts counter. no receipt needed, the date code is on the battery itself, just had mine swapped out after 26 months..It will go out again in 26 months as they are crap batteries, then I will get another one for free again....This was my second one replaced for free, last week when I called my service guy he was like NO NO, once your B2B 3/36k runs out so does your battery warranty! BS! I just took it out and brought it straight to a a/c delco parts counter at a GMC dealership.....

So Actually the original warranty of 3 years/ 36K is the best warranty for your 30 Month Battery, unless you drove 37K lets say and your Battery went bad in under 30 months like they normally do, in that case you need to Take the battery out yourself and bring it into the parts counter, no receipt needed, And you get a new 30 month warranty everytime...

My LTZ is power hungry with these heated seats, nav, and the other electrical stuff going on, it likes to eat these Delco 47PS (you know what the PS stands for (Piece Shi*) batterys up ever 2 years, it actually really great, I will never have to buy a battery as long as I own this car!

Also I Noticed that my second 47PS battery was 600CCA and now the third one I'm on is back down to 525CCA...Great news for me! better chance its going to go out again quickly!
I think you're correct however because it is a replacement we are not the original retail purchaser so that is why I posted my inquiry as I read others were having problems getting Chevy to replace a replacement after a year. Most G.M. parts replaced under warranty are only covered for 12 months/12,000 miles, yet if you pay out of pocket guaranteed for a lifetime

http://www.acdelco.com/content/dam/..._pdf/ACDelco-battery-warranty-information.pdf

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya Battery warranty doesn't matter, the warranty is built into the Date code on top, they don't care who where it came from as long as its bad within those 30 months...

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Sounds like one of those deals where you're better off taking in just the battery and not the whole car (which will show a different warranty situation). Technically, it probably isn't "right" but it's taking advantage of a "loophole" in the procedures. (Only looking at the date code and not looking at the terms of the "sale".)

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I'm at 34 months on my first battery, and it is still clean and strong. Guess I can't do this one.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Interesting information!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of Walmart stuff but they have the best deal going on a battery for our Cruze, 36 month free replacement! Good reviews too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Group-Size-H7-Automotive-Battery/20531542
Well all these posts about batteries over the past week must have jinxed me! Had to replace mine today but I have to take back my above post. After calling my dealer today (really just out of curiosity, I expected them to be ridiculously high) I got a pleasant surprise! They had the ACDELCO Gold for $125.00. It has a 42 month free replacement with no prorating, any problems withing 42 months you get a free replacement! The Silver was $117.00 with a 30 month replacement. For $8.00 more you get another year, pretty good deal in my book!
Technology Font Electronic device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.