Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 50 watt self powered sub that has easy connects that just tap into the wires behind the head unit. im looking for the switched power wire back there. does anyone know what colors are for what that go into the stock radio?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd be interested in this too!

How is the bass quality out of that bazooka tube btw? Obviously it's not gonna be like a 12 or even a 10" sub but I'd like a litle more fill then the stock 6 speaker setup can offer.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from everything i have read it should provide enough to satisfy me. i replaced the stock speakers with pioneers and now the mids and highs are clear but no bass so this should do the trick. im going to call crutchfields technical support to see what say about the switched power

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke to crutchfield and he doesn't recommend connecting from rear of radio. He said I can either add a fuse tap to the windshield wiper fuse or he said I can tap accessory socket in car since its a low powered sub. Im hoping accessory way will work since it seems like the easier path. So much for the 30 min install that the sub claims.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would hate to lose that tire well as it is great for bags and or bottles. it keeps everything from rolling around. It also keeps propane tanks secure when i have to swap them out...

·
Registered
402 Posts
i have a 8 inch bazooka tube in my LTZ. and i love it. it is the 100 watt tube and it hits really good and is simple to hook up. i ran my remote wire off the ign fuse. if you do a search on here i posted some pics of my stereo install stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the guys at crutchfield told me to install the red constant and the blu/white switched together to the add a fuse. since this is only a 50 watt sub it does not need to go directly to battery. Have you tried the bazooka in your trunk?

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I didn't take pics of the install, my fault. This bazooka came with all the wiring with quick connects, I connected everything by the hood release even the ground. I put an add a fuse on fuse 6 (cig lighter) and connected the switched and constant power to the add a fuse. There is also a ground right in that area that I took advantage of. I first connected using front speakers like instructions said but quickly realized it was huge mistake. Had no control to balance high pitch front speakers from bass in rear. I mounted the tube to the left of where the spare would be 3 inches from rear with speaker end facing back. I also removed the insulation covering where the 6x9's would be in the upgraded system. Bottom line is I believe it sounds better then pioneer system and only put 230 dollars in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts