Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Before warranty runs out

Tags
runs warranty
3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mabzmuzik 
#1 ·
So,....
I got my cruze in April with 12K miles on it. Because of my long daily commute to work, it is now at 31K miles. I'm going to need an oil change soon so I figure I should probably take care of any warranty stuff before it runs out, which will be soon (I drive 85 miles one way to work five days a week).
What should I have the dealer look at or take care of next time I'm there? Car seems to be running fine. Just wondering if there are any parts or systems that are known to give issues that I should have them look at now that I wouldn't have to pay for it yet.
Thanks

#2 ·
The warranty doesn't work like that. They only fix issue that are at that time

#3 · (Edited)
Well of course to Manny I would be looking at getting a GM Service Contract before the B to B coverage expires, but what SneakerFix said is very true. Unless you complain of a specific problem, the Dealer isn't allowed to inform you about possible Warranty issues. The only exception is in a dangerous situation, and chances are since they would not be looking for it, they're not going to find it.

#4 ·
Dealerships are allowed and encouraged by GM to tell you about anything they see wrong with your car. Whether or not your dealership does this is another question all together.

#5 ·
As a Warranty claim, I say the answer is no way. You think they would point out possible problems, and they sure do if you are a self pay. Under Warranty its always "Customer States"... and it is done so for a reason. If its dripping fluid or a dangerous situation and they notice it yes they might point it out. Sounds absurd but is true. I learned this with my Hyundai

#6 ·
Years ago, I mean like almost 30 years ago, you could take the car in to the dealer and say 'fix everything that's covered by warranty' but GM stopped that in Canada sometime in the early '90s.

Incidentally GMPP was first offered in Canada for the 1979 model year - and offered only one plan: a 36/36 coverage. Not sure what it was in the USA.

#9 ·
can by a good low mileage used one for $500 but that's just me..

Make sure wheh they rebuild it they also replace the Tcm not just clean it

Reactions: Merc6
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.