Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Case 71-1268967178.

My Infotainment center is cycling on and off as I drive my 2012 Cruze Eco (after owning it for 7 weeks, at 37k miles).

GM Customer Care saw my posts on this forum and asked what dealer I was using and what was my VIN and contact data. Now, after GM requested time be spent troubleshooting this, I am being requested to pay IN EXCESS of my $200 USD deductible (that I have with my extended warranty) due to the tests requested by GM.....

Therefore, I am having to pay and extra $45.00 due to the requests of GM Cuwstomer Care........

I do not understand...... My perception was this group was to assist those that purchased these vehicles, as I now own two (2) 2012 Cruzes.

MRB455
Salem, VA, USA

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Ok I'll give? When you say in excess of your $200 deductible what exactly do you mean. Many Service Contracts do not provide for Electronics. What was the name of the Policy you bought? Was it GMAA? If so you could cancel the policy within 60 days. I went with a Zero deductible GM contract, and there shouldn't be any excess on covered items?

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Say I'm having an issue and customer service steps in and says they can help me and set up an appointment at the dealer. I certainly know I'm outside my bumper to bumper warranty with 39,000 miles on my cruze, do I expect my repairs should be free?

Now I have no idea how most of these extended warrantys work but would expect it does not cover everything(including diagnostic time). Is this somehow customer services fault? Now the better question is did the dealer actually fix your issue?

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Once your Warranty expires according to the manual G.M. at their discretion or at the Dealers discretion may fix your problem out of warranty. With that said why would they fix a Car you bought used unless you purchased additional coverage which you did? Just because G.M. opened a ticket doesn't mean you don't pay the Diagnostic labor rate. $45 for a half hour is the going rate. If they find the covered part diagnostic time will probably be paid for and then you just pay your $200. G.M. simply invited you to come in and have it looked at?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Customer Assistance does not tell dealers what tests to run. They have no input or authority in those matters. Chevrolet Technical Assistance Center (TAC) told them tests to run. Since you just bought it, the dealer should take care of this in the interest of pleasing you. But they are not obligated to do so. Also is it a Certified Used Car from GM?

·
Registered
191 Posts
How much "cycling" is the info center doing? Is this the Nav package? I have the nav in my 2012, and maybe once every other month it'll have a "bad day" and lock up for a few minutes then reboot itself. I figure if it is only doing this on rare occasions, I'm not going to worry about it...it's a computer, and it seems to know to reboot itself if it is having an issue.

·
Registered
269 Posts
How much "cycling" is the info center doing? Is this the Nav package? I have the nav in my 2012, and maybe once every other month it'll have a "bad day" and lock up for a few minutes then reboot itself. I figure if it is only doing this on rare occasions, I'm not going to worry about it...it's a computer, and it seems to know to reboot itself if it is having an issue.
I'm not sure if this was fixed or not, but as a side note, I'd go straight to Panasonic if GM is not able to make things right. Panasonic made the thing (assuming it's the same as in the 2014s). I've gone directly to suppliers like this before (not for car stuff though). Usually if you are nice to them and explain that the company that sold you the item is not being too helpful, they will give you some good advice. In this case you might be able to bring that advice back to the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts