Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Limited LT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the video: IMG_7152.MOV

One thing that's important is that I took the thin metal pin out of the inside of the tensioner spring. It was loose and rattling. The tensioner was vibrating/moving the exact same way before I took it out though. There's also a clicking sound you can hear in the video.

1. Do I just need to tighten the tensioner? Or, replace just the tensioner?
2. If not, what other parts linked to the serpentine belt could be involved?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,629 Posts
Replace the full tensioner it’s all one part. I would check youtube for videos of how to. I have done it and it’s pretty easy. All one piece. Replace the belt also while you got it off.

·
Registered
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Limited LT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the full tensioner it’s all one part. I would check youtube for videos of how to. I have done it and it’s pretty easy. All one piece. Replace the belt also while you got it off.
So, it's just the tensioner? I was wondering if the tensioner was bouncing because of some other part connected to the serpentine belt bouncing like the water pump. The mechanic told me the water pump needed to be replaced because it was oscillating, but as you can see in the video, it looks pretty steady to me. I think they were trying to hose me (no pun intended).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.