Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. First time Cruze owner as of a week ago. I have a 2013 6 speed manual LS. I have installed a million CD player in past vehicles but this is a whole new world. I know I need a new trim piece and a double din CD/DVD/Entertainment system but what else? I've seen that I might need to purchase a harness for the steering wheal and maybe a antenna wire. Ive seen complete kits on Ebay but they are marked up $200 just for being a kit. Could someone send a shopping list of what to buy and a best bang for buck double din. Budget is up to $700 but dont want to spend it if I dont have to. Thanks

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Easy to replace the radio. Very, Very difficult to maintain the functionality the OEM radio provided. As it controls a lot of non radio functions

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
I own 2 sound stages for the cruzen that are of no use to me at present since I chose to trade in my cruzen for a Mustang ..

PM me for pricing and details !

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, for the best sound quality for the lowest possible price, can't beat a good set of head phones.

Unfortunately illegal for vehicle use, but guess its okay to install a 2,000 watt system in your car.

So far living with the stock sound system in my 2LT, kind of like getting use to the non-linear distortion of a 12AX7. You get use to it. But when I get bored waiting for my wife, have a zillion menus to play with for all different kinds of vehicle setups. Not quite like the older radios.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have looked it up also , the harness to maintain the other functions is what cost so much .. when i priced it i was looking at 350 and still needed a head unit.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
There is usually a lot more involved than just a harness to get everything to interface. because it gives the illusion any radio can be completely integrated which is not the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts