Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2011 Scion TC runs the quarter in 15.4 seconds with a manual. It has 180hp/173tq. It weighs in over 3000lbs.

The Cruze Eco weighs 3000lbs and with a tune pits out in the neighborhood of 170+HP/190+tq.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember that's car and drivers best time. On the Scion forums there are some putting down 15.1s.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slow TC or Eco? The Cruze is referred to most as a grocery getter. Plus that's just with a tune.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
787 Posts
A 2011 Scion TC runs the quarter in 15.4 seconds with a manual. It has 180hp/173tq. It weighs in over 3000lbs.

The Cruze Eco weighs 3000lbs and with a tune pits out in the neighborhood of 170+HP/190+tq.

I'm not one to say this often, but I told you so. ;)

For what it is, a family economy car, that's respectable.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm hoping for a mid to low 14 with my mods and tune
Try mid to low 15s. :) It's hp that gets the better et, although torque does play a role as well as the gearing of the tranny.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm thinking that an auto with trifecta tune would do better. Not 14s though. 15.2 - 15.5.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts

There is alot more to it than comparing power to weight ratio for a 1/4 mile. Tire size, gearing, etc play huge parts in how fast you cover the 1320. I still don't see this car going mid 14's without a turbo upgrade or internal work. I still think anything int he 14's is going to come from a really fast 60ft time. If these cars are going 1000 feet in roughly 13 secs to cover the 320 additional feet in another second and a half you will need to be AVERAGING 109MPH. So unless there is a rocket pack for the last 320 feet math is not on your side. I will post this timeslip again and this time take a GOOD look at it.

Look at the 1000-1/4 mile times. a 12.2 second car that traps roughly 112MPH takes 2 secs to cover the last 320, and 11 flat car going 123 MPH takes **** near 2 seconds. 320 feet is a LONG WAY,almost 1/4 of the track. This is why I feel pretty safe saying you won't see 14's anytime soon or without MAJOR mods with a car trapping low 90MPH at best. So unless you find about 30MPH in trap speed it won't happen. In fact I am going to retract my previous statement, looking at it now even with an amazing 60ft you won't make 14's. it is gonna take a bigger turbo or cam change. Car in the left lane was my Subaru making about 310 to the wheels, the right was my trans am making roughly 470 to the wheels. This car just does not have the HP to go that fast on the top end. Giving a generous 95MPH average from a 13.0 1000 ft time is still a 15.3, and that is being kind. So I'd say 15.3-15.5 is going to be your number IF you get a really good 60ft time.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I have a feeling a year from now you'll be proven wrong.

With a decent set of tires and the mods i mentioned above (which should add 50whp and 70wtq) you should be able to drop about. 1.5 seconds off the stock ET.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I have a feeling a year from now you'll be proven wrong.

With a decent set of tires and the mods i mentioned above (which should add 50whp and 70wtq) you should be able to drop about. 1.5 seconds off the stock ET.
When you prove it I will happily eat my words. I think a FMIC will do very little since the turbo can't flow that much air to cool. You'd probably gain more temp drop by coating the header. The turbo is the restriction you have to overcome. It is tiny and made for efficeincy. I odn't think there is 50whp to be had, the torque may be doable. You can only push so much air through a straw. I just don't see you picking up 10-15MPH on a stock turbo.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The very first mod I ever did to my G5 GT was a CAI. It took 4 tenths of a second off of my 1/4 mile.

Tune, Tires, CAI or SRI, and Suspension squeezes it into the high 14s. Book it.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Well you guys beleive what you want, i am going to stick with physics and experience and knowing how exponetially of an increase you need every second you gain in the 1/4 mile. 16-15 is a whole lot easier than 15-14 and so on and so forth. Faster you go the more resistance you have to overcome so gaining .4 on a 16+ second car is way easier than .4 on a 15 second car and so on. I wish you all the best but I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment. can't wait till someone drops a grand on a FMIC and gains .1 and 2MPH

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I will take the FMIC when I am running 20+psi boost and can watch my intake soak up during a run. That cooler intake air helps prevent knock... Even if its .1 sec quicker, its nice to know I am not knocking excessively

14's is a pipe dream for me.. but even if I can reach low 15's I will be happy as my main goal is increased drivability of the car which the tune helped the most with.

This car is significantly faster than my 2000 Civic Si that did 15.2's on a good day with an intake...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts