Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
**** that looks way better than I thought it would. You have me thinking now lol. I love how the hood scoop directs air right to the intake location. Can you get some outside pics farther away from the car when you get a chance? Thanks!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks! Looks awesome!

Reactions: Rosatis23

·
Registered
829 Posts
Reactions: Rosatis23

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,345 Posts
I have been talking to a few different fiberglass bodymen about creating a different top for a ram air hood for the Gen II for sometime now. I think the main issue is the width.
I was wondering about how the air is channeled. How the hot air vents work with the forced air. So the scoop channels between the layers of the hood to the air box (yellow)? The hot air vents are circled in red? What is the green box? I am not sure how the two(?) streams of air, hot going out vs cooler coming in, are kept separate. The picture is a bit dark because of the color, so I tried to lighten it up a but. Could you help clarify a bit. Oh, and you don't need hood pins?

Edit: Sorry, forgot the pic:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have been talking to a few different fiberglass bodymen about creating a different top for a ram air hood for the Gen II for sometime now. I think the main issue is the width.
I was wondering about how the air is channeled. How the hot air vents work with the forced air. So the scoop channels between the layers of the hood to the air box (yellow)? The hot air vents are circled in red? What is the green box? I am not sure how the two(?) streams of air, hot going out vs cooler coming in, are kept separate. The picture is a bit dark because of the color, so I tried to lighten it up a but. Could you help clarify a bit. Oh, and you don't need hood pins?
The cold air goes through the channel and exits in the square cutout that sits directly on top of the air box location. The two vents help extract air from the engine bay while moving, they'll just pull a little extra air from underneath or through the grille

·
Super Moderator
10,345 Posts
The cold air goes through the channel and exits in the square cutout that sits directly on top of the air box location. The two vents help extract air from the engine bay while moving, they'll just pull a little extra air from underneath or through the grille
Added the pic I was referring to above.

How are the two air flows isolated from each other?

·
Registered
829 Posts

The green box seems to just be a clearance bump. It looks like a hole in the hood in black but in this pic of it in white it's nothing.

So the ram air is channeled right to the air box location and the two smaller homes are for the hot air extraction vents.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
2018 Cruze Hatchback RS Premier
114 Posts

If you look at this photo, you'll see the wall where the filter is isolated from the rest of the engine bay so your red vent squares should not be interfering too much with the cooler ram air inlet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your car looks amazing! If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you end up spending on all your car parts altogether? I’m thinking about adding some mods to my car in the near future.
Thanks man! I'd say around$4,000 guve or take includes installation. Thats exhaust, tune, downpipe, hprv, tbs, intake, aeroforce gauge, full intercooler and hood. Just need to get lowering springs.

·
Registered
2018 Cruze LT
1 Posts
Thanks man! I'd say around$4,000 guve or take includes installation. Thats exhaust, tune, downpipe, hprv, tbs, intake, aeroforce gauge, full intercooler and hood. Just need to get lowering springs.
I’m in the same boat except I’m half way there. We have the same exhaust but I got the duel one. Just tuned, hprc, exhaust, cai and an oil catch can. If you’re tuned I recommend installing an oil catch can. Oil from the pvc was in the intake.

Have you seen a difference with the hood? I’m definitely thinking about getting one

·
Super Moderator
10,345 Posts
21 - 40 of 52 Posts