Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a good bit of searching on this forum about the topic but some of the main threads that pop up are for the gas engine Cruzes. Other threads are 4 to 5 years old at this point. I was wondering if there is a consensus on the best overall tune for the 1st gen Cruze diesels? I am heavily leaning towards Trifecta since they have the ability to switch through various tunes but wanted to make sure I wasn;t overlooking other pros and cons I may not know about from other tuners like Fleece. Snipesy's thread about tuning his own car and getting ahold of all the info GM tries to lockdown was also interesting but I don't imagine anyone has managed to find a way to tune these cars without a 3rd party's flash have they?

But back to the point, is there anyone out there better than Trifecta?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,350 Posts
Depends on what you want out of it.

Obviously delete will be best for performance and fuel economy, but also removes the emissions systems on the car and is not the easiest (or cheapest) to get ahold of a the moment.

I quite like the Trifecta tune on ours.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on what you want out of it.

Obviously delete will be best for performance and fuel economy, but also removes the emissions systems on the car and is not the easiest (or cheapest) to get ahold of a the moment.

I quite like the Trifecta tune on ours.
Im in a state that doesnt do emissions testing (SC) and already dealing with a Check Engine light due to that terrible emissions system so a delete is tempting. How much are you looking at total if you do a full delete and how much does it usually improve fuel economy?

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
If you can find one, which isn't the easiest given the EPA crackdown that basically made them illegal last year, and if you can find the tune to go along with it, you're looking upwards of $1k.

Which CEL are you experiencing? Might be an easy fix. The Trifecta tune will not help in that matter, as, due to the aforementioned EPA crackdown, they will only tune for an absolutely stock vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can find one, which isn't the easiest given the EPA crackdown that basically made them illegal last year, and if you can find the tune to go along with it, you're looking upwards of $1k.

Which CEL are you experiencing? Might be an easy fix. The Trifecta tune will not help in that matter, as, due to the aforementioned EPA crackdown, they will only tune for an absolutely stock vehicle.
P21DD. I bought one of those cheap scan tools recomended by a Scott Kilmer video that showed it. Apparently its the heating element for the Ad Def system. 1k is a bit steep and for that I would want a noticeable jump in mileage and thats before factoring in how difficult it is to find that downpipe. It looks like Im just going to go with the Trifecta tune- I was just thinking about having my cake and eating it to to see if Trifecta would adjust an already purchased tune if I deleted in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
P21DD is the DEF heater - that is under 10 year/120k mile Special coverage and can be replaced, for free, at the dealer.

I've seen some people have a large gain in fuel economy with the delete, but others have not.

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Cruze TD
17 Posts
I've had the Trifecta tune for a little over a month now, I really like it. But it is hard to get fuel economy when it has so much go :p I still get 38-39 on my work driving. I have a 50 mile+ round trip to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts