Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I had been using premium gas all summer in my 2017 and getting great fuel mileage from it, but now it’s pretty cold here in Wisconsin. I mean, not consistently, but there’s days where it’s in the 30’s now and it’s only going to get worse.
so my question is, what gas is best to run in the winter? Do I stick with premium? In the summer and warmer temps I was getting between 40-44 mpg and now that it’s colder using the heat a lot of the time and I’m getting between 36-37 mpg.
just looking for feedback on what you guys do!!

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Okay, so I had been using premium gas all summer in my 2017 and getting great fuel mileage from it, but now it’s pretty cold here in Wisconsin. I mean, not consistently, but there’s days where it’s in the 30’s now and it’s only going to get worse.
so my question is, what gas is best to run in the winter? Do I stick with premium? In the summer and warmer temps I was getting between 40-44 mpg and now that it’s colder using the heat a lot of the time and I’m getting between 36-37 mpg.
just looking for feedback on what you guys do!!
In cold states they switch to winter blend gasoline that has the additives for it. You’ll take a mpg % hit but otherwise should be fine. I’d start the car up, leave in N for a minute or two while I settled in then drive off. Run whatever octane grade is stated in your owners manual. On turbo cars I always go 93, it’s safer for hot temps, heavier loads, if there is a problem it’s less likely to ping and pre ignite

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,319 Posts
93 Octane is good for cold starts all year round

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
Been runnIng V-Power for weeks now I see no reason to downgrade. I have the fuel rewards card linked to my dunkn account and I get 15 cents off a gallon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts