Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So i've been wanting to replace my headlights and foglights to get rid of the ugly stock yellow color. I wanna go with with the Phillips Xtreme Vision (H13) Headlight Bulbs but I cannot find any of the matching Foglight (H8) bulbs anywhere it seems like nobody makes them. I have found some (H8) but they are mostly 8500k where the headlights i want are around 3000k i think. So if anyone could please tell me what kinda of setup they have or could help at all it would be greatly appreciated!

BTW i DO NOT wanna run an HID Kit, it seems there are more cons than pros, unless somebody can change my mind...lol

Thanks

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Read way too many negative reviews on the Phillips Xtreme Vision, like not exactly 100% more like 30%, but the greatest negative was extremely short life. Like a couple of months, and considered, even a dimmer bulb is better than no bulb at all. Can find other ways to blow 40 bucks.

Read and heard the same thing about Sylvania SilverStars, but put those in my back up lamps, a noticeable difference, and with a short hundred hour lamp life, should last for years. Didn't lie about Xtravisions, are 30% brighter than stock and only 11 bucks a pair at my Fleet Farm store. Had the same ones in my O4 Cavalier that lasted over eight years before one burnt out, but replaced both of them at the time.

Do have a luminosity meter to actually test these results, and would be happy to do so with a free sample, but be darned if I am going to lay out 40 bucks to find out. And maybe I am too darn practical, I really hate these plastic lenses, a first class PITA to keep them polished and an absolute fortune to replace this piece of plastic. Yet another problem with these darn things is moisture getting in on the inside. Really don't give a darn about styling, just want to see where I am going.

And wonder how these guys can claim twice the brightness with the same size physical and power bulb? Can't believe how much brighter my Supra and motorhome lights are using either the two or four seal beamed rectangular head lamp system. And these come with brand new lenses for under six bucks each with zero moisture buildup on the inside.

Another think I hate is DRL, if conditions called for it, could always switch on my head lamps. Using point contact relays is positively stupid, one molecule can prevent good contact. And a nightmare to work on.

Styling rules, common sense is out the door. Could still use sealed beams, but instead of flat, curve them.

Still say, they should advertise, you want problems, we have problems.

Fog lamps on the Cruze should be standard, should only add about ten bucks to the cost of this car. Standard bulbs seem bright enough, but a lot depends on your night vision. So opinions can be biased.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've used the Philips X-treme Visions (and predecessors) in the Cruze and my previous Astra - admittedly in an H4 format here in Oz, not H13 - and find that they throw a better beam and last about the same as any other globe.

As an aside, I wondered what cars here in Oz used the H13 globe, I could only find stupid-ugly Ford truck-thingies imported from the USA and a Nissan! (No, I do not claim that is a comprehensive list, just what a quick google gave me.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts