Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a performance exhaust for my 2017 Cruze LT. My old school racer is telling me to go for a greddy exhaust. Looking for a deep sound, don't want or like the high pitch tone some mufflers do.
I was looking into dual Magnflow as well but does it mess with the back pressure the car needs. Help me out, what are your thoughts.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts
Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

Start by using the search function on the right side. There are a number of threads dealing with the exhaust.

Flowmaster and Borla are a few to look at although I am not sure if they have them yet for the 2nd Gen. I have a 1st Gen..

Also look at this thread: Dual Exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
It's a turbocharged car, you could run straight pipe.

Greddy doesn't make an exhaust for this car. You bought a first run; there isn't really anything out yet. You can cut a muffler off. That's what I did for now.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
May not like this answer, best exhaust is stock, exhaust is a traveling wave tuned to the engine so as it travels down the pipe creates a vacuum for the next intake stroke. You don't get 1.6 HP per cube by intentionally adding restrictions, also have to meet EPA and DOT requirements.

Yes, compromises and tradeoffs as we call them have to be made, working with an SAE requirement of ambient temperatures between -40*C to 125, this is done by computer simulation. Adding cold intake does not properly atomize the fuel, get partial misfires that can toast your cat.

What you can do is keep your center electrode spark plugs white, that carbon shunts out the spark and gap at 28 mils, I find 25 mils works better. Use only dexos approved engine oil and the highest octane gas you can buy, this extends the length of your combustion cycle. For the best performance and economy.

Also have to meet requirements of noise, but playing with either the intake or the exhaust only increases it while decreasing overall performance. But what you hear is that design engineers are idiots.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm looking for a performance exhaust for my 2017 Cruze LT. My old school racer is telling me to go for a greddy exhaust. Looking for a deep sound, don't want or like the high pitch tone some mufflers do.
I was looking into dual Magnflow as well but does it mess with the back pressure the car needs. Help me out, what are your thoughts.
If its for sound only, then go for it, any brand could do depending on your taste and like someone said, straight pipe is doable since its Turbocharged. (Back pressure and wave has no importance on a turbo car)

If its for performance, dont bother, just Tuned it, thats the best bang for the buck, you can get around 190-200hp on the 2017s 1.4T on 93 octane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts