Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Maguires scratch remover. I have done it by hand and by buffer. That's the cheap way to take care of it as long as it's not past your clear coat. If you want showroom new. Adams complete buff kit. That is the expensive route.
Mike

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Meguiars scratchx 2.0 or meguiars ultimate compound will do the trick with a foam applicator pad. Bass pro shops have them from meguiars. U can get a 4 pk for like five bucks. Expensive yes...but they work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 99_XC600

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have personally shied away from meguiars over the years. I personally use and love Gloss-It. These products are phenomenal, my 6mo old car looks better than when it was in the showroom.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Meguiar's Ultimate Compound took care of some scratches on my door. That was applied with a DA polisher and a compounding pad.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Polish with a new Micro fiber cloth . but then again a DA buffer would be nice !

·
Registered
55 Posts
My friends and family have used Scratch X quite a bit. Especially my dad and brother as they are very anal about their vehicles. I've used it a couple of times.

Use it just like wax. Our technique is that we rub it in very small circular motions. Then wipe off. Apply how ever much you think is needed. Don't rush it and don't do one long scratch all at once. If it's a deep scratch, it probably won't come all the way out, but it will look better. This stuff works pretty darn good.
I also use either a microfiber towel or cotton rag to apply this with as well. I don't recommend using a wheel of any kind, but whatever floats your boats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.