Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I apologize if this is a stupid question but:

Where is the best place to get factory leather seats installed in my Cruze? When I bought my Cruze in 2012 I could only afford the basic trim. Now that I'm making decent money, I'd love to get the leather seats installed. And the matching dashboard too if that's possible. Ideally the ones that look like this:

I figured its going to cost me 1-2 thousand dollars, I'm just not sure where to do it. I see a lot of places selling after market seats, but I don't think they look as good as the factory ones.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I believe there's youtube video's on removing the back seat. The front seats are easy to get out.

It was either a post here on the forum or a youtube video where someone got the entire factory seats from a LTZ and replaced them in an LS. If I recall the power drivers seat worked, but the passenger seat that he installed was power, but that didn't power up from the factory connector.

This would be really easy and fast if you could get the entire interiors, without having to pull seat covers off and replace them.

The seat heaters in the factory leather seats will not work without significant modifications to the HVAC controls and vehicle wiring.

I'd get factory fronts seats with airbags and good seat belt pretensioners, Factory rear seats, bottom and backrest. There's airbags as part of the back seat as well.

You might be able to trade the factory seats that you take out back to the seller for credit for the airbags. I'd seriously try to swap the entire seat vs. dealing with just the seat covers. You might find seat covers, but to find the factory ones at a reasonable price, and then have to stretch the leather on the seats..

Many people like Katzskin seat covers. That's another option, and you can get a Katzskin installer to do the work.

Good luck..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe there's youtube video's on removing the back seat. The front seats are easy to get out.

It was either a post here on the forum or a youtube video where someone got the entire factory seats from a LTZ and replaced them in an LS. If I recall the power drivers seat worked, but the passenger seat that he installed was power, but that didn't power up from the factory connector.

This would be really easy and fast if you could get the entire interiors, without having to pull seat covers off and replace them.

The seat heaters in the factory leather seats will not work without significant modifications to the HVAC controls and vehicle wiring.

I'd get factory fronts seats with airbags and good seat belt pretensioners, Factory rear seats, bottom and backrest. There's airbags as part of the back seat as well.

You might be able to trade the factory seats that you take out back to the seller for credit for the airbags. I'd seriously try to swap the entire seat vs. dealing with just the seat covers. You might find seat covers, but to find the factory ones at a reasonable price, and then have to stretch the leather on the seats..

Many people like Katzskin seat covers. That's another option, and you can get a Katzskin installer to do the work.

Good luck..
Thanks for the tips. I'll search on here for others who have tried out the Katzskin leather covers to see how they worked out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you have the space, buy a wrecked car from a salvage auction and swap out the seats and trim. Sell off the rest of the parts and the swap will probably be free. Did that to this LS. Swapped the seats, steering wheel with cruise control and fog lights. The seats are heated but will never work from the factory switch. Some people have modded them to work off an aftermarket switch but I didn't bother. The cruise has to be programmed in at the dealer.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
You don't say where you're from, but check out car-part.com. It's a national database of junkyards. I just looked and there are a bunch out there, in a variety of colors. Be prepared to drive, but you can even find the color you pictured.

Keep in mind, you'll need door panels to match the dash and seats too.

The seats seem pretty affordable on there- $500ish for a complete set of front and rear, so hopefully for around $1000, you could leave with the door panels and dash inserts as well.

For the right interior, you could always fly somewhere and rent a van/U-haul, load them up, and drive home. Or just look to have it crated and shipped.

Just a heads up, if you aren't familiar, the factory leather seats you'll find are much stiffer than the cloth you're used to. If that's a big deal to you, you may want to consider having new foam put in prior to installing.

Reactions: Cruzen18

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
You could probably get this whole car https://www.copart.com/lot/23966778 for that much and even end up with a nice set of wheels.
But it has a salvage title. In most cases, you can't buy a salvage title vehicle from those auctions without a salvage license. There are ways to go around it using a broker, but they will only add to the cost.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Hey, Sunline...much appreciated for the info! :not_worthy:
Might just have to look into changing mine to the leather seats for these prices!

·
2,254 Posts
FYI:

Without business licenses, private individuals buying in Ohio may purchase salvage titled items on their own but will need to go through a broker for all clean titled vehicles as well as boats, jet skis and snowmobiles

In Ohio, dealers and dismantlers will need to provide Copart an operational license and a sales tax license for the same physical address, as well as sales tax exemption forms.

Read more

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
FYI:

Without business licenses, private individuals buying in Ohio may purchase salvage titled items on their own but will need to go through a broker for all clean titled vehicles as well as boats, jet skis and snowmobiles

In Ohio, dealers and dismantlers will need to provide Copart an operational license and a sales tax license for the same physical address, as well as sales tax exemption forms.

Read more
Just to clarify, that does only apply to entire vehicles, not the parts from those vehicles if you buy from a salvage yard.

Also, you cannot buy parts from Copart, IAA, etc. They only sell whole vehicles.

Reactions: sparkman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts