Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best way to lift the Cruze to perform an underbody cleaning. When I say underbody clean I don't mean just spray down with pressure wash, which I periodically do. I'm saying I want to be able to access the bottom of the car where I can wash it the same way I would the rest of the car which is by hand with a wash mitt to scrub and agitate the underbody. All of this will be followed up with the appropriate touch up paints et. I'm doing is because do only am Into detailing on that level but also because some view it as routine yearly procedure for those in northern salt road climates. ive seen post about getting under the car for oil changes etc however I a taking about having enough clearance where I am fully under it to do these things.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was wondering what is the best way to lift the Cruze to perform an underbody cleaning. When I say underbody clean I don't mean just spray down with pressure wash, which I periodically do. I'm saying I want to be able to access the bottom of the car where I can wash it the same way I would the rest of the car which is by hand with a wash mitt to scrub and agitate the underbody. All of this will be followed up with the appropriate touch up paints et. I'm doing is because do only am Into detailing on that level but also because some view it as routine yearly procedure for those in northern salt road climates. ive seen post about getting under the car for oil changes etc however I a taking about having enough clearance where I am fully under it to do these things.
Also I want to add to this that I'll be needing room to spray various coatings etc. What I'm looking for is a way to have the car up so I can get under it to completely but safely held up during the whole process also WITHOUT doing ANY damage to the car underneath. This means no bending or scraping anything. Where would I place jack stands? Where will I lift besides those pinch welds?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.