Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own 2010 Korean made Cruze Diesel LT with Z20DMH engine (150 hp). It's running EDS Motorsport 195 HP plus NO_EGR and NO_DPF maps. I like to add cеtane booster and a little amount of 2-stroke oil as the EU diesel is kind of "dry" in consistency. Engine is running great, very smooth and reliable and I am very satisified with it. Next, I am going to install a ProVent 200 oil catch to get rid from all those oil comming into the turbo cold side and intercooler.

I don't like to push it very often, although engine has such a "punch" in the low gears that I enjoy all those BMW driver's faces when they see my BMW tail lights :D

Now, the problem is that I worry about the clutch. I know it is not really up to the task and it will fail me earlier than usual. So, I started looking around for a better one to replace with. Can't yet find anything that look promising to me.

Any experience or ideas on that ? Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Diesel kleen, from Power Service or a product like it.
Octane booster will lower diesels power and hurt performance, cetane booster is what is for a diesel.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
You obviously aren't in the US, so where are you. I am guessing a 5 speed. I know someone in Australia who has a similar setup and his clutch is fine. I know he gives it a hard time and it has 200,000km on it, 2009 model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I meant cetane not octane. Corrected. Thanx Cruz15 ;)

Oh, that's good news Aussie. I am in UK and it is indeed 5 speed MT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts