Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this car up a week ago and introduced myself. Great car, but feel its a little under torqued for every day driving with a manual transmission considering the vehicles weight. Especially with my wife and kids in the vehicle (doesn't happen often, she loves her 2016 Escape).

Feels like it wants to stall or fall flat on its face, and average shift rpm is 2500-3000rpm for normal traffic acceleration. Which is fine for now, I am still averaging 35mpg 50/50 mixed.

What can be done for an extra bit of power? My guess is the torque curve needs shifted, and could use another 20tq plus.

Options?

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
A little simpler than tuning and many of us here have done this: Try running 93 octane or better in that 1.8. Believe me after a tank or 2 the car will pick up some and feel a little more responsive. I have tuned my both my Eco and my 2011 LS (1.8) it surely wakes the car up. As is always said start with the simpler of solutions and running premium instead of 87 octane if you still feel the same after running premium you may want to look into tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts