Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Better then z71 colorado

2744 Views 22 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  pandrad61
Chevy News | 2017 Colorado ZR2

so now the new Colorado is offering a way more off road oriented Colorado... about **** time
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
Wonder how much it's going to cost?

100% if I bought one it would never see off road, anyone else?

I can't bear the thought of taking a $45k+ vehicle and bashing the **** out of it off road.
Thats the whole point of the truck though, to be able to bash the **** out of it off road without worry. You would essentially be buying a glorified daily driver.

· Resident Derp
2,800 Posts
So it wouldn't bother you guys at all taking a brand new $45k truck off road?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Buying a truck with a special edition off-road package to not take off road, is like buying an ACR viper to not take to the track. If going off road makes you nervous, why spend extra money on parts MADE to go off-road? The logic just isn't there. It would be cheaper to buy a regular colorado and put a leveling kit with wheels and tires and call it a day.

I mean I understand the Raptor and the ZR2 are different classes of trucks, but they're both equipped to deal with the same type of terrain. I still think if you're going to go all out, you should go ALL out. Without a boost in performance, all of the upgraded components seem kind of dumb to me. Sensible people won't be buying this truck, people who want to show off and have the best from the factory will be interested in this vehicle. They'll be dipping into the Raptor customer base. It's not going to be a massive seller, more of a rolling advertisement, GM should spend a little, give it massive performance, and profit from the OOHs and AHHs. I mean honestly, it wouldn't take much to strap a supercharger to the 3.6L and get a much more impressive 400+ HP out. But I guess that's just my thinking, it's probably the reason I'm not in charge of design for GM. I'd just want to go back to their performance glory days.
There was a shop that build a Colorado for SEMA last year. They swapped in the cadillac v6 TT block and slapped a supercharger on it for 700whp. There's also the roadster shop who custom build a metal body pre-runner ColoRADo with a v8 under the hood. But thats another story all together

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.