Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. recently car overheated and found my coolant reservoir empty. i keep filling it but it keeps draining fast in a few days. i put a UV detector and see it dripping a bit from under the reservoir but also somehow find puddles under the motor area. pictures attached. please help?
Purple Violet Automotive tire Electric blue Auto part

Purple Violet Electric blue Magenta Darkness

Purple Automotive tire Automotive lighting Violet Hood

Motor vehicle Purple Plant Automotive design Vehicle door

Automotive tire Purple Lighting Violet Gas

Purple Flash photography Organism Violet Entertainment

Purple Automotive tire Gas Electric blue Space

Purple Azure Violet Magenta Automotive design

Water Purple Automotive lighting Violet Art

·
Registered
227 Posts
About a year or so ago my coolant reservior sprung a leak (crack in the side) and the entire motor was covered by anti-freeze. Seems the plastic used on the reservior was (is) incredibly thin plastic.. Replaced the thing...all is well...so far.

Hope this helps a little.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About a year or so ago my coolant reservior sprung a leak (crack in the side) and the entire motor was covered by anti-freeze. Seems the plastic used on the reservior was (is) incredibly thin plastic.. Replaced the thing...all is well...so far.

Hope this helps a little.....
did you get one from amazon of did you go OEM?

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
939 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,126 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 1.4L T LTZ RS
3,211 Posts
weird location, check bottom of tank for a possible crack or inspect that hose that connects to the overflow tank! good luck

·
Registered
Vauxhall Meriva B 1.4t 120bhp model
51 Posts
Mine had an oil leak same area changed these seals

Can’t really comment about the pcv valve but you should be fine if engine has no other symptoms.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Meriva B 1.4t 120bhp model
51 Posts
This should help you out

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
For your leak it looks to be the cam cover. Maybe try checking the torque of the bolts. 71 inch pounds. Use brake cleaner to clean up the oil residue.
As for your pcv the intake check valve is still in place.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
U can check the pcv hose from the engine intake to the turbo intake. There is a check valve at the turbo side that should only let air flow to turbo and not to the engine intake. You can test by removing the hose from both ends and try blowing into the hose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts