888 Posts
that looks sweet .. may have to ad steering wheel to my list of wants :p

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Made a new version of my turbo coolant hose mod. this version has no chance of being crushed due to the sharp angle. The other one was (probably) fine, but this is further peace of mind. I will probably heat wrap it once I confirm it isn't leaking as well as secure it.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Well I performed another oil change after only 500 miles or so, why you may ask? Well I have another leak/seepage around the oil pan and timing cover. I had a family member borrow it for a week as their vehicle was down and they put some good city miles on it in hot traffic, the oil pan was wet with oil from the front to the drain plug. I assume it is the timing cover unless the dealership didn't seal my oil pan correctly. I am kind of tired of fixing the constant leaks and am definitely not pulling off the timing cover for a little leak, so I am trying Castrol Edge High Mileage. It is Dexos Gen 2, not the new Gen 3, but that is fine. Will see if it stops/slows this leak. It was filled all the way up to the top of the hash marks on the dipstick, so maybe it was also overfilled a bit. Unsure if that would contribute to this issue or not.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,815 Posts
When did you have them do it? I'd bring it back and let them fix it for free...

I need to pop under the car and see how my oil pan ended up sealing...I hate RTV.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Did some paint removal from the oil pan today, its a heck of a job... the dealership did this a few years ago. I used brake cleaner and scotch brite pads. This took almost a whole can... If anyone has an easier method I am listening! Quite a bit of elbow grease, but got most of the front done and bottom.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,405 Posts
Did some paint removal from the oil pan today, its a heck of a job... the dealership did this a few years ago. I used brake cleaner and scotch brite pads. This took almost a whole can... If anyone has an easier method I am listening! Quite a bit of elbow grease, but got most of the front done and bottom.

View attachment 298737
View attachment 298736
Paint removal? My oil pan is unpainted aluminum...

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Ok, finished the oil pan cleaning! What a pain. Also reinstalled the heat shield in preparation for the new BNR heat shield cover that I am going to order soon as well as wrapped the rest of my coolant fix hose. A bit ugly, bit it works and is protected!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold

I have also now completely ditched the Forge wastegate actuator and sold it. It pulsated almost all the time, the ZZP/ebay knockoff one is just smoother. Now when I accelerate there is no pulsing. I also adapter the Forge atmospheric BPV to my ZZP V3 turbo. Missed the sound :cool:

181 - 199 of 199 Posts