Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
How are your Ls7 coils running ? I’ve been having misses on the top end since I installed mine. Last plug gap I tried is 0.018. Still same issues.

wondering what you’re running yours at
Thanks

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
How are your Ls7 coils running ? I’ve been having misses on the top end since I installed mine. Last plug gap I tried is 0.018. Still same issues.

wondering what you’re running yours at
Thanks
Running great with whatever I throw at em! Are you pushing hard on the top so they pop onto each plug? There is a lot of resistance. At first I messed this up. I now pop them on them give a tug to be sure they are secured on the plug head.

new stock plugs with stock gap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’ll have to double check that, sometimes they pop but I didn’t hear the pop on all…. They are difficult to remove however even if they don’t pop.
And yes issues I have are only at 5k and up in the rpm range.

when you say you had messed it up what were the symptoms? Same as what I’mhaving or across the rpm range ?

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
I’ll have to double check that, sometimes they pop but I didn’t hear the pop on all…. They are difficult to remove however even if they don’t pop.
And yes issues I have are only at 5k and up in the rpm range.

when you say you had messed it up what were the symptoms? Same as what I’mhaving or across the rpm range ?
Yes misfires and sometimes falling on its face.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the tips ! I’ll give those a shot tonight

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Glued the air straightener in tonight with JB Kwik weled, will be interesting to see if acceleration smooths out a bit. Not my prettiest work, but it gets the job done and no one else will know since it's under the filter. The part was a tad too big, or the intake tube a little small rather. I put epoxy around the edges and pushed it all the way in, then smeared along the edge.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,670 Posts
Running great with whatever I throw at em! Are you pushing hard on the top so they pop onto each plug? There is a lot of resistance. At first I messed this up. I now pop them on them give a tug to be sure they are secured on the plug head.

new stock plugs with stock gap.
Good to know.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,670 Posts
Glued the air straightener in tonight with JB Kwik weled, will be interesting to see if acceleration smooths out a bit. Not my prettiest work, but it gets the job done and no one else will know since it's under the filter. The part was a tad too big, or the intake tube a little small rather. I put epoxy around the edges and pushed it all the way in, then smeared along the edge.
Mine was basically a press fit. Do you think they will cause issues if they move a bit?

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I put the stock intake back on with res deleted. Nothing gives me smoother acceleration... even with the air straightener. I miss the sound, but think it's how it has to be.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Same on mine, played with my injen intake ever since I got it. I swap it between the stock air box and the cold air 2-3 times a year. I agree the stock air box gives the best feel, not even sure there is a power loss from the cold air intake.

i also have the screen installed in my cold air

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,815 Posts
There shouldn't be, if it doesn't draw from the engine bay, that is. If it does that, then absolutely. The factory intake will draw from a cold source anyway, and really isn't too restrictive. The resonators just quiet things down most owners would prefer not to hear, but aren't a flow restriction.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Got some black center caps, I was surprised to see they appear to be genuine GM. My factory ones were flaking around the logo and the black to me looks a lot cleaner. Really happy for $25!

Manhole cover Manhole Automotive tire Sanitary sewer Road surface

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Car

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,405 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,815 Posts
I'd love to get some that are silver, but with a black bowtie.

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·

·
Registered
2013 Cruze LT
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Got my Sonic RS leather wheel installed. I really like the look. The cruise control was a switch rather than a toggle, so I had to take that new switch out and then replace with the old one. Test drive complete and all good!

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part Hood Steering wheel
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
The Nuclear Option
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
5,405 Posts
161 - 180 of 199 Posts