Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview, Britta Gross, GM's Director of Global Energy Systems and Infrastructure Commercialization, has indicated that the future cars using ethanol and biodiesel has fuel is very much promising and the cost of manufacturing bio-fuel car is very less when compared to any gas guzzling or even electric cars. Does anyone find its true that ethanol will be the future fuel for cars, 'coz it does protect our environment too?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ethanol is enviromentally superior fuel to oil-based gasoline, however its more a stop gap to any future bio friendly fuel. I've heard that everything from algae based fuel to certain grasses have more potential.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Its funny how most hybrid supporters don't realize how much damage a hybrid car does to the environment when it is being made. I think both ethanol and biodiesel have a good chance of being a possible replacement to fossil fuel. However it will be hard to convince the people that are already brainwashed into thinking that the hybrids are the way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be very much thankful if the disadvantage of hybrid cars is elaborated. As I am under the impression that the hybrid cars use less fuel on high ways by converting to batteries, it saves gasoline and emits less CO2 into the atmosphere. On the other hand, the prohibitive cost of producing and blending ethanol is the main hindrance in accepting the same as the fuel of vehicles at large.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts