Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Cruze with the blue metallic color and every time I go to clean bird poop off the car, the paint has been ruined in that spot, I guess I shouldn't say ruined but its pretty bad the bird poop makes etch marks in the paint that you can see at certain angles(nothing you'd see when the car is moving down the road but when you're next to the car you can see it.) is there anything I can do?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
10,712 Posts
How long was it sitting on the car before being cleaned off, was it in direct sunlight for long, and have you ever waxed the car? Have you tried a compound yet? Not even a week into ownership I had sap from a tree on my car. the paint is fine but it still shows up on the plastic textured piece on the back door. Rubbing compound removed it from the paint but the plastic is still kinda there.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
STRONG bird poop, WEAK GM clear coat.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long was it sitting on the car before being cleaned off, was it in direct sunlight for long, and have you ever waxed the car? Have you tried a compound yet? Not even a week into ownership I had sap from a tree on my car. the paint is fine but it still shows up on the plastic textured piece on the back door. Rubbing compound removed it from the paint but the plastic is still kinda there.
Not sure but every time I find bird poop I wipe it off with some detailer spray. If my jeep gets pooped on I can wipe it off an not have anything to worry about, but most of the time bird polio gets on the car I clean it off and it leaves a mark.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
153 Posts
Remove any bird poop with a damp paper towel as soon as you see them but do not rub. After you wash it go over the spots with a good swirl remover/polish Automotive cleaning Liquid Fluid Automotive care
and then wax the area to protect the clear. Vehicle Toy vehicle Car Model car Automotive lighting
You should wax the entire car twice a year and the front end more often depending on conditions. A good layer of wax will protect the clear coat, once the clear is gone the paint will fade quickly so wax is like a clear coat defense shield.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Reactions: Cruze2.0Diesel
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.