Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I got my obd link and got it connected and took a screen shot.

I'm still a little fuzzy about how to use this app.

I haven't found instructions other than bits and pieces on this app.
31,000 mile and it says 93 regen.
Next I'm going to drive it and look at stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
@Snipesy can help you - he made it. :)

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Hi!

if you’re going to use it while driving use Gretio . It’s a bit more eye friendly for driving and not crashing and you get it free with biscan.

You can also import the pids into torque and use them that way.

300 miles a regen is really average.

I know a lot of people like to command normal regens just be a bit mindful regens are sort of made to work from a full dpf. When you command one at 12g soot it’ll drop to 0g and likely remain in regen for awhile as that’s just how it’s coded to perform. It’s not a simple on off switch like you might see in some semi trucks.

There’s a lot to say about everything. Ask away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!

if you’re going to use it while driving use Gretio . It’s a bit more eye friendly for driving and not crashing and you get it free with biscan.

You can also import the pids into torque and use them that way.

300 miles a regen is really average.

I know a lot of people like to command normal regens just be a bit mindful regens are sort of made to work from a full dpf. When you command one at 12g soot it’ll drop to 0g and likely remain in regen for awhile as that’s just how it’s coded to perform. It’s not a simple on off switch like you might see in some semi trucks.

There’s a lot to say about everything. Ask away.
First off thanks so much for creating the app. It was a big influence in my deciding to get a diesel and not deleting it but instead keeping it clean and understand what all the data is telling me.

I guess my first thought is why would anybody want to do a service regen if a normal regen is getting done what needs to be done? Seems to me if you need a service regen something isn't correct in the system and the biscan data should indicate a pending issue if you know how to read the data.

I plan on logging data at some point, especially now while it is running as it should, for comparisons.

I really like the fact the app lets you do a forced normal regen. For me it would only be if I knew one was fairly immeniant but most likely not occur before I shut the car off. It seems like 22 soot grams is the threshold for most.

Thanks for clarifying 93 regens in 31k miles is normal/average. It seems I saw several posts indicating them occurring around 700 miles. I was wondering if GM had increased the number of regens due to all the issues the 14's seem to have. I'd like to think GM addressed all the issues and incorporated them into newer production cars. Mine is a May of 15 build.

With the little I know about how it works I'm happy biscan is reporting back to me the car is healthy.

I will try that app for driving. The little I used it tonight it worked excellent with torque with no issues.

Again thanks for the support.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
They changed the behavior of the NOx sensors on the newer tunes. I don’t think they altered engine behavior (dpf included) at all.

When the 2015 came out it had virtually the same tune as the 2014.

Fuel usage is a little bit better indicator of regen interval as it ignores mileage. If you are burning about 8-9 gallons of fuel before a regen you’re doing good. Anything more is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried Gretio but couldn't get it to do anything.
It linked to the adaptor but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

Now biscan and torque was still working. I took a quick screen shot.
Any info would be appreciated iated.

Wifey took car so I'll have to try tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I got some videos coming introducing Gretio. Just keeps getting pushed back. Joys of being a software developer trying to become an M.D.

the dpf diff. Pressure sensors usually reads 0 until you have some load. So that’s normal.

The regen inhibit reason is kind of a historical pid. Meaning it shows the last reason a dpf regen was inhibited and doesn’t mean a regen is actually being inhibited. I see idle speed a lot for that pid. I’m not entirely sure why idle speed is so common but it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got some videos coming introducing Gretio. Just keeps getting pushed back. Joys of being a software developer trying to become an M.D.

the dpf diff. Pressure sensors usually reads 0 until you have some load. So that’s normal.

The regen inhibit reason is kind of a historical pid. Meaning it shows the last reason a dpf regen was inhibited and doesn’t mean a regen is actually being inhibited. I see idle speed a lot for that pid. I’m not entirely sure why idle speed is so common but it is.
Cool. No hurry. I tried it some today and I still can't figure out how to get it to connect. Torque and biscan are problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts