Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Black Granite in the Sun

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  carolinacruze 
#1 ·
This is the first sunny day in NEO since I bought my 2013 Eco Cruze last week - the Black Granite in the sun is truly stunning. There is a lot of metallic and sunshine really brings it to life!

#7 ·
Yup, the family all thought it was a custom paint job because it wasn't just black lol.
I'm glad it's mild tough. As "flakes" was not my thing when it was in style for those 3 months back in the 90's.

Looks great when it's nice and clean.

#10 ·
NickD?

I feel your pain.....two of my vehicles are Black.....naturally, two of the biggest I own, a 1997 Silverado ext cab long box and a 1996 Impala SS.
Like your Supra, awsome when clean.......you know, for like a half hour.....blinking dust.

The Black Granite is a slick color and I really like it on my eco. Details nicely too and is somewhat forgiving.
The metallic shines through as it gets dusty and it stays clean looking for several days, unlike the solid black.

Rob

#11 · (Edited)
It looks awesome, but be prepared...it sucks in the summer, and even with tinted windows and a sunshade, the Cruze's AC can't handle it that well.

It's also even harder than dark blue to keep clean.

That said, I love it. And I'm glad I didn't get leather...that will burn your legs off in the summer.

I'd never buy a white/silver/tan car again. Too boring.

#12 ·
#16 ·
We have a black on black 93 Mustang LX 5.0 that still wins car shows today still wearing the factory paint that's in great shape,black is a tough but beautiful color and care is essential,I myself have never used cleaner waxes or polishes on the car just wax,nothing with abrasive properties to thin the clear coat,no circular waxing patterns,black will show your waxing/washing habits over time,so use care.Our Cruze is Cyber Grey and I'll care for it the same,just waiting on the pollen...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.