Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background first as I have no clue about these cars. Its been to the dealership 3 times..once for a new water pump and other times for a new knock sensor and turbo. I took it in once cause it was making a loud ticking sound and it seemed to have lose power but once I got is back from them the same problem was still there. NEW problem started today...driving to go get breakfast and I pulled onto a highway and shifted badly..thinking it was just a bad shift I was like..my bad...but the car cont. to act like it was only getting gas in spurts. Now my checking engine light is blinking and the Trax Stap light is on. I was about to drive it home but its driving rough. I have since replaced the spark plugs as they looked like they seen better days but after starting it back up it still sounds the same...also my engine is shacking badly. I always thought in the past that it my have a bad injector but I don't know.

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,013 Posts
Went and ran a test on it..code po303 if thats any help. I have looked it up and read on it.
A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer
Read more at: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0303 Cylinder 3 Three Misfire Detected

The cheapest thing to start with is the plugs/coil

The next cheapest is to buy a compression tester from Harbor Freight and do a compression test.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info but Im add more to the problem..maybe that could narrow things down. When started it only idles at around 660rpm and after I turn the car off the fans stays running which it really never did that much in the past. It actually stays running even if just started to test it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts