Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,new to the group and new to the Cruze.I've seen threads on coilovers and saw mainly Ksports (being the most popular ones).I've only seen a few users with the Blistein coilovers.Aside from our cars,I've heard Blistein is a reputable brand and are known for reliability.Any feedback from users who've ran them in their Cruze or know of anyone would be cool.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Bilstein to me is as good as it gets. Other brands make better coilovers but they are stricktly track set ups. I considered running the b14 however I realized there is no point for me since I wont be taking my car every weekend to the track. I recommend B8 with eibachs and all new bushings. I happen to be very close to road magnet and they have a stress analyzer that will render the best springs possible. FWD with a solid rear axle you want stiff springs in the rear and low softies up front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was considering that combo of eibachs and Blistein shocks shocks but the reason I'm leaning on coilovers is because of the adjustability factor.With eibachs I've seen different results (slight rake or with the rear nice but the front end way up when compared).With coils I could get the back to a decent height and the adjust the front to a height that sits leveled or close to it.

I've actually seen blisteins sport springs paired with eibach sports series (yes not the pro kit,the sports).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Bilstein B14 coilovers installed in my car. I love them, the car feels great and rides nice. As mentioned above the reason I went with the coilovers vs a shock/lowering spring combo was the ability to adjust the ride height. They are very easy install. One recommendation is install aftermarket sway bar links, the factory links are not up for the job.

I did brief write up after I installed my coilovers earlier this year:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/12-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/111770-bilstein-b14-coilover-initial-observations-install-feelings.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Bilstein B14 coilovers installed in my car. I love them, the car feels great and rides nice. As mentioned above the reason I went with the coilovers vs a shock/lowering spring combo was the ability to adjust the ride height. They are very easy install. One recommendation is install aftermarket sway bar links, the factory links are not up for the job.

I did brief write up after I installed my coilovers earlier this year:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/12-wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/111770-bilstein-b14-coilover-initial-observations-install-feelings.html

Looks good man.How does it sit now that it's been awhile since the first install?Can you take a side shot of it?Im curious to see how it looks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks! It really hasn't settled much since the install. The car has a bit of a positive rake, which I really like! I'll get some pictures from the side in a couple of weeks and post them then, I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! It really hasn't settled much since the install. The car has a bit of a positive rake, which I really like! I'll get some pictures from the side in a couple of weeks and post them then, I'm out of town for the next 2 weeks.

Appreciate it man.Stumbled upon your project thread,you're off to a good start with the suspension and wheels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
one would assume you have a mk3??? My buddy and I built his 7m motor than he joined the military and he never put it in.... that was 5 years ago
Yes, '92 MK3. TEIN coilovers w/EDFC electronic adjust, ST swaybars, Apex-i intake, Blitz turbo back exhaust, 550 fuel injector upgrade, compressor wheel upgrade. 232hp stock up to about 380-400 crank. Fun ride.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Yes, '92 MK3. TEIN coilovers w/EDFC electronic adjust, ST swaybars, Apex-i intake, Blitz turbo back exhaust, 550 fuel injector upgrade, compressor wheel upgrade. 232hp stock up to about 380-400 crank. Fun ride.
Wanna buy a fully built motor and rolling chassis with extra motor and extra trans?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Wish I could. Order of priorities: Get married --> Buy house --> Keep Wife happy --> play with toys... :fro:
Ha same here. I got married in Oct. I am buying a house as we speak (just got my approval letter in the mail!) But luckily my wife is always happy as long as she has enough paint, canvas and Pintrest. So I can jump straight to toys especially since she enjoys the same toys I do :) .

·
Registered
133 Posts
As requested, a side shot of my car on the Bilstein B14 coilovers and the wheel well clearance

IMG_20150522_124246460_HDR.jpg side shot of the car
IMG_20150522_174544972_HDR.jpg rear wheel clearance

IMG_20150522_174557091_HDR.jpg front wheel clearance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As requested, a side shot of my car on the Bilstein B14 coilovers and the wheel well clearance

[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148050&d=1432332134"]
[/iurl] side shot of the car
[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148058&d=1432332136"]
[/iurl]rear wheel clearance

[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=148066&d=1432332139"]
[/iurl] front wheel clearance

Nice!Doesnt look bad at all,Might definitely go for these or the Ksports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had mine installed last Monday. Glad I went with the B14's instead of the Eibach Springs. My installer said they were back ordered to August. I didn't want to wait so I'm glad Eibach let me down because I would not have bought the Bilsteins. Will be going just a tad lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
How does it handle now? Before, the rear end would get light over bumps in a curve.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
How does it handle now? Before, the rear end would get light over bumps in a curve.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk
It handles great, the car feels really connected to the road, but then again I haven't taken the car down any very twisty bumpy roads. I did take it through the Catoctin Park and it was a blast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts