Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently posted out of slight frustration due to the fact that my A/C needs a desperate recharge, and I've just discovered my bumper-to-bumper coverage ended a couple weeks ago. My poor Cruze has decided to begin falling apart around me. It's like it knows! The reflective surface of my rearview mirror is beginning to bubble and peel, the A/C still needs recharged, and now I've noticed the armrest looks like it has a massive blister on it. I can only assume it may be due to the heat inside the car with the windows up, but I live in Illinois. Not the coolest climate, but it isn't exactly Arizona either. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Practically overnight. At this point, I have a feeling that my only option is to purchase this piece of the armrest out of pocket and replace it.

Head restraint Car seat cover Auto part Car Car seat

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
In your picture it looks like the right and bottom (as pictured) are stretched. Sure you didn't accidentally smash something on there? Perhaps pressed your keys, phone, seatbelt, etc. against it while get out of the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sadly, yes. it actually started as a very tiny wrinkle at first, and my first though was maybe i put too much weight on it or something. within a couple days (nothing touching the armrest) it grew to this size, so i'm fairly certain it must be the heat rather than being stretched. :/

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Since this is the first time I have heard of this happening on a cruze I suspect there was some form of oil, lotion or chemical on your hands that got on that lid to cause it to blister in the heat/sun like that.

Besides the windshield and full back window sunshade I have vent visors on the side windows to help cool my interior when parked in the sun. even then its way over 100F in my car. Need to get some tint, looks like you do too.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Mine has done the same recovering it in a few weeks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts