Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2,125 Posts
If I want to keep the stock box with resonator delete would this help me "hear" the turbo? CAI/SRI give you the nice little whoosh sound. It's purely for my pleasure, I know it doesn't do anything for HP etc. Just curious.

· Premium Member
1,672 Posts
If I want to keep the stock box with resonator delete would this help me "hear" the turbo? CAI/SRI give you the nice little whoosh sound. It's purely for my pleasure, I know it doesn't do anything for HP etc. Just curious.
No. It will help hear the Blow Off noise. A open intake & downpipe will help you hear the turbo.
Turbo Sound = whistle (spooling)
Blow Off = "Whoosh" when letting off the gas

BPV (recirc; no tune required) will be louder than stock, but just barely.
BOV (atmosphere; tune required) will be much louder than stock

· Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I'm sure I could do the research but with little time and wanting to add to the post... anyone care to explain the difference between the two???
BPV (recirc; no tune required): the bypassed air is sent back into the intake system (recirculated).
BOV (atmosphere; tune required): the bypassed air is vented out of the system. This requires a tune because this air is already metered by the MAF, and since it does not get to the engine, the car will run too rich, which will cause issues with various sensors & build up inside the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.